Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not an Iso A3/C

Well, actually it is/was but more on that soon.

Firstly I'd like to thank my old mate Phil for the body, wheels and decals (without which I obviously could not have built it) and Tom for the detail photo's of the actual car.  I hope I have done it justice guys.

Now, chassis # B/0222 was entered by Iso Grifo Prototipi Bizzarrini in the 1965 Le Mans where it came a surprise 1st in class (P-5000+) and ninth overall. After a few more races during '65 it was returned to Giotto Bizzarrini, who had parted ways with Renzo Rivolta.  It was renumbered with chassis # IA/0222 and sold as a Bizzarrini.  If this is incorrect Tom feel free to correct me!!

Now having started with the bare essentials I went through my stash to find all the necessary components.  Having done that it was finished in red auto acrylic and clear coated.

Tks for looking

Dave B

IMG_8453.JPG

IMG_8447.JPG

IMG_8449.JPG

IMG_8450.JPG

IMG_8451.JPG

IMG_8452.JPG

Edited by Dave B
  • Like 6

A wonderful model .  A credit to you and your skills.  There used to be a classic car dealer near to me , he had one that he raced. He stored it in his office ! On top of the car were boxes full of files !  Next to it an Aston Martin DB3S cluttered up in the same way !  Anyway they are very big cars to see in real life, and yours does justice, very well done. I think ill have to get a plane out to oz if you keep turning them out like this ! Cheers.

Fabulous model of one of the most brutal looking sports/racers ever.

I think the model here had an SBC - and Willie Green, well known and talented historic racer, used to refer to his 7-litre Iso Grifo (an A3/C by another name, really) as the 'Heap o'Grifo'. But I've always loved them.

Well done David!