Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 71 Mustang Boss 351 silver

randyc

Here's my build.  I'm sure there will be a ton of these soon.  I used Duplicolor wheel paint to get close to the pewter.  Close enough for me and I didn't have to shell out more money for paint.  I had this on hand.  

I went with blue interior to be different.  

IMG_20230912_085008474.jpg

IMG_20230912_085018793.jpg

IMG_20230912_085037802.jpg

IMG_20230912_085134493.jpg

IMG_20230912_085110567.jpg

IMG_20230912_085105918.jpg

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, djmcguire said:

What did you do to make the coolant reservoir appear to have green coolant in it?

Ford did not have factory coolant reservoirs for 71-73 Mustangs.  The part Randy painted is the windshield washer reservoir.  However, it could replicate a brand of bug removed washer fluid that’s green.  The more common color is blue but I have seen orange also.  On my build still in progress I just mixed light blue and white and went with the half full look.

IMG_9921.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, djmcguire said:

What did you do to make the coolant reservoir appear to have green coolant in it?

I didn't realize there was no overflow in 71.  So that is wrong.  BUT, to make it look green, I used a green highlighter on the white plastic.  

1 hour ago, vamach1 said:

Ford did not have factory coolant reservoirs for 71-73 Mustangs.  The part Randy painted is the windshield washer reservoir.  However, it could replicate a brand of bug removed washer fluid that’s green.  The more common color is blue but I have seen orange also.  On my build still in progress I just mixed light blue and white and went with the half full look.

IMG_9921.jpeg

When did Ford stop using washer bags on the fenders?  My 65 Thunderbird has that and a coolant reservoir btw the manifold and top radiator hose.  No catch can though.