Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bob Denvers custom taxi from TVs 'The GoodGuys'

BIGTRUCK

With a few set backs I managed to get this one done. The TV show from the late 60s billed this as a '24 Lincoln, the kit shares a platform with the '28 Lincoln Gangbusters kit. The complete chassis are the same (except tires and wheels)the engine is the same and the body is the same . The interior is where they differ. It has an 'L' shaped rear seat thats tattered, a turn style,double coffee pot meter, and a driver seat with exposed springs on the back. Outside add-ons are a big front bumper, clothesbrush wiper, side rails, fold out step, grappling hook for quick stops, twin hood scoops, a custom roof with luggage racks and air horns. The decals were pretty fagile and needed to be cleared twice before using. The original body was warped and another kit donated the body. The hood was the trouble spot, 7pcs total plus 2 handles. I got it to work great until it was totally mounted, thats when my tone and new select words changed. I know it has an engine, the hoods not glued shut but it will never be opened by me again.  There were so many add on parts it was hard to grab it  to add another item., but as my good friend TECHMAN says  "Modeling is to relieve stress , not cause it ", it was close this time DJ. 😁

20231102_141330.jpg

20231102_141343.jpg

20231102_141357.jpg

20231102_141420.jpg

20231102_141502.jpg

20231102_141513.jpg

20231102_141540.jpg

Screenshot_20231102_141843_Chrome.jpg

Edited by BIGTRUCK
  • Like 5

• BIGTRUCK changed the title to Bob Denvers custom taxi from TVs 'The GoodGuys'