Model Cars Magazine Forum

2006 and 2016 Ford GTs

lordorion1974

I have to admit, I have a weird love affair with the Ford GT cars, all the way back to the GT40 Mk. II.  I finished the 2006 just last week, and the 2016 was finished either early this year or late last year.  I also seem to really like it in yellow, as you can clearly see!  The custom license plate for both is the title to my favorite Metallica song.  And I what better way to drive these beasts than to thrash metal cranked up to 11!!

I do have 2 Fujimi '66 GT40s in the stash that I'll be working on: one will definitely be Ken Miles' GT and the other will be the metallic blue #6 entry into LeMans.

Enjoy and model on!

IMG_20231104_173153318.jpg

IMG_20231104_173212254.jpg

IMG_20231104_173228075.jpg

• Like 12

10 hours ago, beeRS said:

Both are stunning! great to see both generations side-by-side. I’m guessing that when you build the 1966 Fujimi kit it’ll be yellow too.
Who makes the kit for the 2006 version? Is it the Polar Lights?

Yep, Polar Lights.  Since the '66 participated in LeMans, I'm building it as the one that Super Mario Andretti and partner drove: Metallic Blue with Yellow nose graphics and white stripes.  I have the other '66 that MIles and Hulme drove at LeMans in the stash.

• Like 1