Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1953 Corvette

NOBLNG

This is a nice little kit considering when it was tooled. It does have some issues that need to be addressed, but it builds up fairly nicely I think. Scratch built items include the pedals, shifter, turn signal lever, horn ring, door openers, defrost vents, washer bottle and nozzles, mirrors, exhaust outlets and headlight screens. Thanks for looking!😎

Build thread here:Β http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/185470-amt-1953-corvette/

Β 

IMG_9324.jpeg

IMG_9323.jpeg

IMG_9321.jpeg

IMG_9320.jpeg

IMG_9316.jpeg

IMG_9315.jpeg

IMG_9314.jpeg

IMG_9313.jpeg

IMG_9312.jpeg

IMG_9304.jpeg

Edited by NOBLNG
  • Like 9

Great attention to the fine details of this stock looking build. While the convertible looks a little goofy, the real car looked just like this. When I would visit my grandparents as a child one of their neighbors was a doctor and had one of these in the driveway that I would droll over whenever I visited. Looked just like this build.Β 

2 hours ago, happy grumpy said:

Very well done Greg. Classic color and that dash is a real eye candy.

Thanks Mario.πŸ™‚

2 hours ago, espo said:

Great attention to the fine details of this stock looking build. While the convertible looks a little goofy, the real car looked just like this. When I would visit my grandparents as a child one of their neighbors was a doctor and had one of these in the driveway that I would droll over whenever I visited. Looked just like this build.Β 

Thanks David. Other than detailing, I just dropped the front end a bit.

2 hours ago, Classicgas said:

Very nice. How did you do the headlight screens?

Thanks, I show in my build thread how I first flattened some mesh before cutting them out.

1 hour ago, Rattlecan Dan said:

Very nice work (and plenty of it). Gorgeous build.

Thank You Dan.πŸ™‚