Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 JoHan AMC SC/Rambler

Silvercreeker

Finished. 1969 JoHan AMC SC/Rambler. This is done in the rare B Scheme paint job. Lots of extras on this build. Car sat to low, raised rear 1/4”, GTX Magnum 500 rims, valve stems and AMT Redline tires, F60-15 and L60-15.  VCG Resins traction bars, brake booster, and Hurst shifter, Iceman distributor, fully wired and plumbed motor, battery cables and heater hoses. Battery moved to correct side of engine bay. Seat belts, correct size spare tire, tool box and NOS…for good measure. Tamiya pure white and Fred Caddy decals. All body seams narrowed and correct engine color. I do love the AMCs!  Enjoy and Merry Christmas!!!

IMG_8076.jpeg

IMG_8071.jpeg

IMG_8075.jpeg

IMG_8074.jpeg

IMG_8080.jpeg

IMG_8079.jpeg

IMG_8081.jpeg

IMG_8078.jpeg

IMG_8077.jpeg

IMG_8073.jpeg

IMG_8070.jpeg

IMG_8072.jpeg

IMG_8087.jpeg

IMG_8086.jpeg

IMG_8085.jpeg

IMG_8083.jpeg

IMG_8084.jpeg

IMG_8092.jpeg

IMG_8091.jpeg

IMG_8094.jpeg

IMG_8093.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

IMG_7980.jpeg

• Like 10

Always good to see a nicely made Jo-Han. Top work Scott.

Purely by chance I watched a YouTube vid yesterday about a 69 A Scheme barn find. The guy already had a B Scheme and comparing the two I prefer the B even though it was the far less popular choice back in the day.. 

• Like 1

Definitely nice looking SC. Like the subtle changes you made to the build. I would like to find another one to see if I could build it in similar fashion.. When I built mine I was not too fond of the large tumors on the side of the engine block, never could figure out what they were supposed to represent. Mine also came with two sets of cylinder heads, and the transmission halves did not match up - almost like one side was auto and the other side was standard. Anyway I dropped a BBC into it and the problem was solved.

• Like 1