Model Cars Magazine Forum

Eight Done in 2023

Perspective Customs

Well done across the board (in fact, well done is an understatement)…but that ‘81 Z…WOW. For everything bad I’ve heard about that kit, that thing is absolutely stunning. So inspiring, in fact, that I might have to grab one to recreate my 1:1 ‘79. (Maybe I’ll just commission you to do it given these results!)

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, moparmike619 said:

Well done across the board (in fact, well done is an understatement)…but that ‘81 Z…WOW. For everything bad I’ve heard about that kit, that thing is absolutely stunning. So inspiring, in fact, that I might have to grab one to recreate my 1:1 ‘79. (Maybe I’ll just commission you to do it given these results!)

Thanks Mike. Yes, the '81 Z28 kit is not great, it's pretty much a snap kit. If you build it out of the box you'll be greatly disappointed but with some effort, it can be a pretty sweet ride. On this one I used the interior from an older 1/24 Camaro, sliced and diced to fit. I believe the wheels are from a Monte Carlo and the tires are from the AMT Custom & Competition pack. 

Thanks again