Model Cars Magazine Forum

What would a car modelers Hades be like:

On 1/30/2024 at 11:40 AM, NYLIBUD said:

Not only must you read all the instructions,you have to memorize them too.😈And after you have to take a 100 multiple choice questions exam.

The instructions are missing, so you have to download them on your PC in the house. You don’t have a printer, so you have to memorize the next step and then run out to the garage where the wife lets you build.😈

Edited by NOBLNG

I think i’m reaching now,but you have to build ALL your models with one hand tied behind your back.That would suck.Sorry if someone said that already.😳😵‍💫.

Edited by NYLIBUD
  • Haha 1

The more parts you prep, paint and glue, the higher the parts count gets.

Every time you open a bottle of paint or glue together an assembly, a cat knocks it to the floor.

Every model you ever dreamed of is in front of you and ready to build but you can't get any of the boxes open.

...Or pretty much any Twilight Zone plot you can think of, with models.

Edited by Lunajammer
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Every time you did the perfect chop, or the perfect paint job, or the perfect engine detail before calling it a night, when you got back to the bench in the morning, all the beautiful work would have disappeared.

Omg,thats funny.That actually happened to me just the other day.🤤

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

Every time you did the perfect chop, or the perfect paint job, or the perfect engine detail before calling it a night, when you got back to the bench in the morning, all the beautiful work would have disappeared.

The “Groundhog Day” of the modeling world.😳

• Haha 2

Every time you open a bottle of paint or glue together an assembly, a cat knocks it to the floor.

Yes,this happened to me all the time with four cats bouncing around..However it was really my one jet black cat,named Cole,that would not only knocks stuff onto the floor,cause i guess it was in his way.😈But he was also stealing important parts right off my bench.Somehow he knew what was important to me.And leave everything else.They are all gone now.🫡😽Anyway,it was hell on earth.🤣🥃Meow guys.🙏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

My first wife would be there letting the 4 yr old boy she’s babysitting play with my finished models. Yes in my early 20’s I built a model of the Cutty Sark. I spent months doing all the rigging for it. It was at that time the best I ever built. I came home from work to find all 3 masts broken, rigging all pulled out and one side of the hull cracked as if someone stood on it. The few cars with broken wheels didn’t bother me as much as that ship. It sat up on a high shelf so she had to get it down for him to “play” with. 

I’ve been to hades already. No intention of going back. 

• Like 1

If a couple of guys in dark suits and sunglasses turned up on the doorstep saying 'We're here from the government' when the euphemism generally used on here describing a badly constructed model that needs rebuilding flags up on their computers.

Edited by Bugatti Fan

• 2 months later...
Just now, Ace-Garageguy said:

Or spray cans of stripper labeled as clear...  image.png.e7d9ef1ea21dd5a13af63993c751c84d.png

That would also work. But lacquer thinner has the added joy of being not only a paint solvent but a solvent for styrene as well. :D 

David G.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, slusher said:

Drop a part it’s gone forever. Melts insanely..

I think that that's actually happened to me! 😮 

I remember working on a Mustang and I was cleaning up one of the front parking light lenses, deburring it with a file when it slipped from my fingers and just... vanished! 

I was working less than six inches above my desk, I had a cutting mat down and a magnifier light lighting the scene. As I searched for it I remember thinking "Where the futz did it go?! There's no place for it to go! It should be right here!"

Gone.

That's okay, I left the other one off and just painted the holes where they went in transparent amber. No one even missed 'em. :D

David G.

Edited by David G.
typo

5 hours ago, David G. said:

I think that that's actually happened to me! 😮 

I remember working on a Mustang and I was cleaning up one of the front parking light lenses, deburring it with a file when it slipped from my fingers and just... vanished! 

I was working less than six inches above my desk, I had a cutting mat down and a magnifier light lighting the scene. As I searched for it I remember thinking "Where the futz did it go?! There's no place for it to go! It should be right here!"

Yup...occasionally a portal to another time-space continuum opens up either on my workbench or under it, and phfffffft...a small part or drill bit is lost and gone forever.

Sometimes happens wherever I put my keys down too, but so far, they've always winked back into existence exactly where I put them.