Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 37 Ford Sedan

Modlbldr

I just finished this up tonight. I built it to see how it goes together before I build the coupe on Saturday for the 18th annual 24 hr build-off.

Airbrushed LA Colors "Blue Moon" nail polish, lowered suspension, resin/PE LaSalle grill, die cast wheels and tires, Revell Parts Pack Caddy engine, 3d printed Thermador window mounted A/C, modified parts box sun visor, customized kit exhaust. 

The build was a bit of a pain but I had fun.

Later-

20240124_162926.jpg

20240124_163035.jpg

20240124_163411.jpg

20240124_163245.jpg

20240124_163344.jpg

20240124_163439.jpg

20240124_163506.jpg

20240124_163418.jpg

20240124_162945.jpg

20240124_002135.jpg

Edited by Modlbldr
  • Like 12

• Modlbldr changed the title to Monogram 37 Ford Sedan
3 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Well that's one darn cool clean looking '37 Tom.  Great paint job with the nail polish👍

If I may ask, what did you thin the nail polish with?

Thank you! I thin the paint 50/50 with Mr Hobby Leveling thinner. You can also use good ol lacquer thinner.

Later-

3 hours ago, TransAmMike said:

Well that's one darn cool clean looking '37 Tom.  Great paint job with the nail polish👍

If I may ask, what did you thin the nail polish with?

Thank you! I thin the paint 50/50 with Mr Hobby Leveling thinner. You can also use good ol lacquer thinner.

Later-

1 hour ago, Yeah Nah said:

Nice job on the 37! 

I'd never come across mention of a Thermador car cooling system till now. Just Googled so now I know. The stuff we take for granted in today's cars!

Yep, early style air conditioner (a swamp cooler). You see them a lot on the lowrider bomb style cars.

Later-

• Like 1

Great looking build. Like the custom touches to the front end and the artillery style wheels. I remember those window mounted "swamp coolers" from back in the day. We would stop and get a bag of ice to add to the cooler, they worked very well for the time. 

• Thanks 1

Darn good poking build.

FYI, fair warning, the coupe body to fender fitment isn't nearly as good as this sedan kit. The rear area around the rear fenders and tail panel needs a bit of attention before the body will sit all the way down onto the fenders.

Good luck on the 24 hour build. Buddy of mine did this kit for the 24hr a few years ago.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 68shortfleet said:

Darn good poking build.

FYI, fair warning, the coupe body to fender fitment isn't nearly as good as this sedan kit. The rear area around the rear fenders and tail panel needs a bit of attention before the body will sit all the way down onto the fenders.

Good luck on the 24 hour build. Buddy of mine did this kit for the 24hr a few years ago.

Thanks for the warning. I actually started one of the coupes at the same time as this one. I just didn't get as far on it. I did see where I would need to give attention to that area. Here is the coupe I started. It is just mocked up on the wheels but I'm liking it.

Later-

20240121_215435.jpg

20240121_215450.jpg