Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1962 Chevy Impala SS Hardtop 3'N1.

Here's my version of the Revell 1962 Chevy Impala SS. It's painted in Folkart Pearl White and Midnight Blue metallic. I used Createx UVLS 4053 High Gloss Clear and gave it a wet-sand, polish, and wax. The interior is the same colors with the blue being darkened just a little, and I did add embossing powder for the carpet. I used Bare Metal Foil for the window trim, and I added heater hoses, spark plug wires, door locks, and valve stems for extra detail. I did use 1/8" styrene tubing airbrushed with Molotow Chrome for the exhaust tips. This was a fantastic kit with little to no flash and great parts fitment. The only area that didn't go completely smooth was the front grille/bumper assembly, and that was a minor issue to boot. I really enjoyed this build and highly recommend this kit. Thanks for looking!

1.JPG

2.JPG

4a.JPG

6a.JPG

8.JPG

10.JPG

13.JPG

15.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

23.JPG

24.JPG

• Like 10

I’ve been watching your YouTube videos on this build and picked up a number of useful tips. :^)

I guess I can skip the Reveal video now that I’ve seen the finished product here.  ;^)

Your choice of colours and the resto-look are great!  You made detailing the engine and applying BMF look easy - which they are not.

Thanks for sharing.

That Impala is beautiful, I have the California Wheels version in my stash and after seeing yours I'm a little anxious to start on it. Your build is super clean and the colour combo gives it an air of safistication. Really well done Craig. 

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍

Edited by XYHARRY
Spell check

22 hours ago, PappyD340 said:

Very sharp Impala!!

22 hours ago, Supernurd said:

You did a great job on it.  👍

17 hours ago, Yeah Nah said:

That's just gorgeous Craig!

14 hours ago, ChrisR said:

Looks great.

11 hours ago, XYHARRY said:

That Impala is beautiful, I have the California Wheels version in my stash and after seeing yours I'm a little anxious to start on it. Your build is super clean and the colour combo gives it an air of safistication. Really well done Craig. 

Cheers, 

David. 😎👍

10 hours ago, ncbuckeye67 said:

That's beautiful! The two-tone looks amazing, especially since you matched the interior& exterior.

9 hours ago, AMT68 said:

Looks great and the two tone paint treatment works well on this one. The styrene exhausts are so much more realistic than typical kit pipes. 

8 hours ago, drodg said:

Very nice!

6 hours ago, espo said:

Beautiful looking paint surfaces and colors. The chrome trim looks great. Like the interior detailing. 

1 hour ago, Matt T. said:

Beautiful build! Very nice shade of blue. 

54 minutes ago, karbuildr said:

Outstanding build. Very well done two tone, very nice interior, and engine compartment is very realistic.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated!

12 hours ago, 70 Sting said:

I’ve been watching your YouTube videos on this build and picked up a number of useful tips. :^)

I guess I can skip the Reveal video now that I’ve seen the finished product here.  ;^)

Your choice of colours and the resto-look are great!  You made detailing the engine and applying BMF look easy - which they are not.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the views, it's very rewarding knowing that some of my tips and such are helpful to others. I was planning all along for the top part to be white, but with a different shade of blue until I found the midnight blue at the store. Engine detailing is usually pretty hard for me, but I've been very fortunate to have gotten along with the BMF pretty much from the start.

22 hours ago, fordf-100 said:

Beautiful build! 

21 hours ago, Phildaupho said:

Well Built . Great looking Impala

12 hours ago, KWT said:

That's one of the best of these I've seen. Very nicely done

12 hours ago, rrb124@sbcglobal.net said:

Fantastic interior. Checking out the 409 emblems too!

10 hours ago, Zippi said:

That two tone looks Super nice man.  Very well detailed in the business end.  Nice build.

5 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Looks really nice, The two tone really makes it with those wheels.

2 hours ago, Koellefornia Kid said:

Very nice! Love the two tone!

Thanks guys!