Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford 5-Window Revell Steampunk

Silvercreeker

1932 Ford Revell 5 Window Coupe is done and in the case.  Has a Steampunk look to it.  This one might be my favorite to date.  The color is Copper Fire Lacquer from Barbatos Rex over gloss black. All the chrome parts were stripped and replated with Alclad Copper. The firewall is an original wall from Dragcitycastings.  The motor is a VCG Resins Offenhauser dual carb Flathead.  The wheels are also from VCG Resins, Rocket Igniters with Firestone Champ Dragmasters, painted Gloss black with Copper trim rings.  The brakes are VCG Resins front and back and the drive shaft is also from them.  The front axle is a dropped unit from ICEMAN Collections and the steering linkage is all custom.  The motor is detailed with Protech wires, boots, fuel lines and looms and the beehive oil filter is also from VCG Resins.  The rest of the kit is out of the box. I do love the early Ford Hot Rods and this color combo make this stand out on the shelf.  Enjoy.

IMG_9657.jpeg

IMG_9658.jpeg

IMG_9659.jpeg

IMG_9660.jpeg

IMG_9661.jpeg

IMG_9662.jpeg

IMG_9663.jpeg

IMG_9664.jpeg

IMG_9665.jpeg

IMG_9667.jpeg

IMG_9668.jpeg

IMG_9669.jpeg

IMG_9670.jpeg

IMG_9671.jpeg

IMG_9672.jpeg

• Like 15

"This one might be my favorite to date." And for good reason ! Well, it's certainly the most striking color theme I've seen on this kind of build. I just love it. The build, the details, the photography. You just nailed it. 

This build has the "look" and the stance. Great color and the way the engine and suspension colors all work together. Very clean looking mechanical details. 

18 hours ago, Paul Payne said:

Beautiful build! Where did you get the plug boots? Really add to the engine detail!

Those are from Pro-Tech, I ordered them from ICEMAN Collections.  They come in 90' or 45'.  They are very small, but worth it