Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford Hot Rod

6bblbird

I had a few of these Revell kits in my stash and the model club theme for May is '32 Fords. So, out it came. I have built a couple of these in the past but I don't remember them being so fiddly. No, actually it was a p.i.t.a.! Something wrong with the plastic on my kit (2008 version) where it seemed like it was literally oily. Paint would not adhere and CA glue would not stick. Painted, stripped and washed numerous times. I decided to make it a primer rod or work in progress.IMG_0102.thumb.jpg.29e686a7585620c3bb4b315f8283f632.jpg

I had these wheels and tires kicking around forever and thought that they would look great on this car. Now? I think it looks like a refuge from an old cartoon!IMG_0103.thumb.jpg.e72cf9976f7419cac1e0945353b367a5.jpg

The headlamps on these cars are very difficult to glue on in the right place and position. Not only that but the stanchions that come with the kit were warped. I made my own stanchions and front shocks. The wire from the shock goes thru the stanchion and into the headlamp. That worked out well.IMG_0104.thumb.jpg.ee488d084ca0b267b6295c575e8abca7.jpg

Yes, the paint on the hood and deck lid don't match. I did that on purpose. Remember, it's supposed to be a work in progress. IMG_0105.thumb.jpg.507905eda906bd6cec6125cb687eaf69.jpg

The interior was fun to detail. However, like many of the other parts in the kit, it did not fit at all well . There was a huge gap between the upper upholstery and the body. Had to widen it....then the dashboard didn't fit. So much for a quick and easy box stock build! 

PS : I am currently building a Revell '32 Three window. Far fewer problems with what is essentially the same kit. Go figure.

IMG_0107.jpg

• Like 10

Gee, I hope none of my stash is a 2008 issue! Thanks for the heads-up on the oily plastic. The whitewalls work for the mid to late 50's vibe, straight out of the movie "Hot Rod Girl"!

Cheers

Alan

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, 6bblbird said:

Now? I think it looks like a refuge from an old cartoon!

Well maybe a little......

I still love it anyway Walter. Top build!

DD 1.JPG

Edited by Yeah Nah

On 5/17/2024 at 8:08 AM, bobss396 said:

Deja vu.... someone had a VERY similar build at the LIARS club meeting last night, a real twin to your build.... 😸

Plagiarism! I hate when people copy my masterpieces!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...