Model Cars Magazine Forum

1965 Riviera

speedy5963

I just finished this 65 Rivi the other night. The emblems have been removed, the interior is cream with black flocking for carpet. The color is HOK True Blue Pearl. The wire wheels are from the kit with white walls from the Monogram's 59 Impala. 65-1.jpg

65-2.jpg

65-3.jpg

I just finished this 65 Rivi the other night. The emblems have been removed, the interior is cream with black flocking for carpet. The color is HOK True Blue Pearl. The wire wheels are from the kit with white walls from the Monogram's 59 Impala. 65-1.jpg

65-2.jpg

65-3.jpg

beautiful color love those wheels i have them on my 68 lincoln mkII they look great :)

Very nice Riviera, one of the best ones, I've seen. Paintjob looks very good to me, shiny and no orange peel at all. Nice job with the wheels are just perfect, so real looking. And that grille is great too. I like this one very much, but maybe foiling door handles would be a good idea?

Very nice Riviera, one of the best ones, I've seen. Paintjob looks very good to me, shiny and no orange peel at all. Nice job with the wheels are just perfect, so real looking. And that grille is great too. I like this one very much, but maybe foiling door handles would be a good idea?

I may do that this weekend, thank you for all the comments!

NOTHING looks better than a sleek Riviera mild custom. To me it was the high water mark of GM styling. Almost every thing else is not as pretty.

Come to think of it - almost every year Riviera is beautiful - even the 80s models.

Very nice build! The color is a knock-out!

Edited by seeker589

Pauly... She's Looking great. Love the color. its making me want to get some other builds done man! :D

looking forward to seeing some your projects Chris!

Thanks for all the comments guys, this was a fun build that had some issues along the way but came out pretty solid.