Model Cars Magazine Forum

There is one on ebay right now. Buy It Now $17.99. They don't show the box, but the listing is for a 429 Corvette so I would think they read that off the box. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-Corvette-429-Coupe-Revell-1-25-Scale-Kit-New-Box-Complete-Unstarted-/170785038964?_trksid=m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D35%26pmod%3D310367347199%26ps%3D50

Ken

I don't think it is that rare as I have 2 of that kit. The misprint was what first caught my eye but reality set in when I saw them at swap meets going for the same price as the 427 kits.

I would say if someone else thinks it is rare and is willing to pay a premium for it, sell it !

There are more of the "429" misprint box kits than there were corrected "427" kits in that same box. The misprint boxes were used for the initial run. The highest number of any given kit will be made in the first run. Subsequent production runs are usually way smaller (fewer kits) because not all distributors or stores restock at the same time.

The saddest irony is the Revell box with Gary Ormsby being shown as the 1991. Champion. The box was on the store shelfs when he passed away just prior to the US Nationanals in 1991. His passing was one of the things that caused me to loose interest in what has become the John Force show.