Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Revell should put out as Kits...

Since Revell has '50s,'60s and,70s muscle well covered w/ their new releases, I'd like to see the 2nd half 2013 offer up some modern muscle--a '13 Mustang Boss 302, Shelby GT500, and Camaro ZL1 would be great variations of existing kits that I'd like to see...and the '14 Corvette C7 for a new tool. Given how long it took them to get the '10 versions out, I'm not optimistic, though. :(

Edited by Rob Hall

I would like to see '68 Impala SS 427 from Revell. One of the nicest Impalas ever produced and that would make cool builds, like Factory Stock, Stock Eliminator Drag Racer and basic Street Car. MPC's original kit is so expensive that I guess there would be enough buyers for this one, too?

IMHO Revell is doing one heck of a great job, compared to a decade or so ago, who knows what they're cooking in their R&D kitchen for future releases...I'm glad I'm finally getting a '70 'cuda.....the rest is icing on the cake,...however there's one car I definitely wouldn't say no too, if tooled up as a 1/25 scale model kit, but frankly I'm also aware, that it's one of those "never in a million years" kinda subject, one of the reasons I dug deep into my wallet and bought a resin copy of it's sister car, by Air-Trax.

800px-Chrysler_New_Yorker_5.jpg

Edited by Luc Janssens

Dave & Craig, I was just referring to how it's the muscle car guys turn. You have no idea how near & dear a '68 Cuda kit would be to me....

I'm a muscle car guy myself, and a '68 Hemi 'Cuda is big on my wish list, but so is a '57 J2 Old's 88. The 64 GTO was not the first muscle car!

'29 Ford roadster on Deuce rails. It could use any number of Revell engines: Caddy from '49 Merc, dressed-up flathead, Offenhauser from their Midget, new Oldsmobile V-8. It would be great to do that without having to buy 2 or 3 kits.

looking at those oldsmobiles, i am struck by how it was that 57 chevrolet managed to capture the car publics heart so much when in my opinion, those olds' have it all over the chevy in the styling department. beautiful cars. i suppose the chevy was more affordable than the more high line olds and buicks.

Nobody for an accurate `70 split bumper Z28? I would love to see Revell put the same effort into one of these that put into the new `cuda kit:

What's wrong w/ the newer-tool AMT one? A '68-72 Chevelle based off the '72 Cutlass chassis would be nice...

Edited by Rob Hall

looking at those oldsmobiles, i am struck by how it was that 57 chevrolet managed to capture the car publics heart so much when in my opinion, those olds' have it all over the chevy in the styling department. beautiful cars. i suppose the chevy was more affordable than the more high line olds and buicks.

Ford outsold Chevy in 1957, the 57 Chevy "legend" started on the used car lots when they became a popular starting point for drag cars, street racers, ect.

More engine options, enough with the small block chevys.

How about the big Ford / Lincoln 337 Flat head, or a Lincoln Y block, both would offer something different for early hot rod guys and old truck guys. I'll buy whatever kit they stick them in.

Tool up a diesel engine for the Ford dually kit already :blink:

and just for something wierd, how about a Hall Scott 400 (and a truck to put it in) :P

What's wrong w/ the newer-tool AMT one?

I had alot of trouble getting those headlights to look convincing and I think in general the front end looks "off". I think the slope of the hood is a little flat. I can`t remember, but I am thinking the engine bay is missing a battery and over flow tank. And don`t get me started on the tires. :D All just IMO, though. Overall, not a bad kit, and we`ve certainly seen worse from AMT.

A '68-72 Chevelle based off the '72 Cutlass chassis would be nice...

Very much agree with you. I would love a big block '68 Chevelle with the same level of detail as the Revell '72 Hurst/Olds. I just got that kit and it is great.

joe.