Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I was pleased to get the johan olds starfire for 25 quid. I'd love to get to one of the shows they go to but they're all too far away for me. I like that a lot of the kits they have are not very common so I'll be buying again. I got a couple of plymouth cop cars from them last month for 35 each which didn't seem too bad for unusual kits (at least on this side of the pond)

I had to shut down their website, as i was starting to spend a little too much, they seem to have some nice stuff for sale at the moment

I had to shut down their website, as i was starting to spend a little too much, they seem to have some nice stuff for sale at the moment

Yeah, I emailed them the other day about incomplete kits for the spares box, and they said there is another big collection about to be posted soon. And it's only spending too much if you aren't going to use it, at least thats what I keep telling myself, lol

That dealership diorama is great!

Yesterday at the flea market, I scored another cheap HESS Training Van. Badly yellowed plastic (usually from storage in a hot place).  Missing a few minor parts but the working side door is still there.

Also got a big stack of old car magazines cheap, mostly from the 1960s. I really enjoy the "Road Tests of the 196x Cars" articles. Toronado!  '61 Tempest!

And speaking of the Pontiac Tempest - the stack included "Car and Driver" mag from July 1982, with a long article about John Z. DeLorean. His DeLorean car factory in Northern Ireland had just been shut down and his company was on the verge of total collapse. But John Z. was still looking for investors to save the company.

Here's the last sentence of the article: ""If the DeLorean magic can be made to work just one more time, he may yet avoid the collision that threatens finally to smash his dream."

Three months after that article appeared, on Oct. 19, 1982, DeLorean tried to work his magic in a $24 million cocaine deal with sellers who turned out to be Feds. And that was the collision that really did smash his  dream.

Edited by Mike999
error

Mike...That is AWESOME..!  Something like that would work very well for my 1970 car dealership diorama project.  Very nice of your wife too.

Thanks, Mark.

for those who may be interested, this was custom-fabricated for me by a vendor on evilBay. Check out the current item #152392220106, then search "sellers other items." 

Got the Jawbreaker dragster and AMT's 63 Corvette Stingray the last couple of days . Thought  the Jawbreaker would be a quick builder, but not for me. Going to do the Stingray as  a slump buster instead. As long as I can keep it simple.

Russ

AMT '63 Vette is a fabulous slump-buster. You can do just about anything you can imagine to it, and as much or as little detail as you want, and chances are you'll end up with a very satisfactory model.

My Italeri Ford Transit arrived yesterday. I've been wanting this one since I first heard about the reissue last summer. Back in the late 80s while at a car boot sale at Beaulieu Motor Museum in England, I found an original red bodied ESCI version, the one that came in the Ford branded box. Bought it and built it and thought it was awesome. Over the years, it rolled off the shelf one too many times and eventually got scrapped. I picked up an original white-bodied ESCI version a couple of years ago, and now I have this one.

IMG_20170207_0638133_zpshhctvmxw.jpg

IMG_20170207_0638230_zpsz9gdtqka.jpg

s-l16004.jpg

16387888_10154886510050833_8424969445112

1_3.jpg

Some builders and a promo. Thanks to hoarding junkers,i got bumpers,tallights and steeringwheel for the Chrysler.

Nice stuff Tommy!

The '62 Chrysler is tough one to find in convertible form.

As you know, I just built one.

I have a nearly carbon copy example of your '63 Dodge.

Same color on the outside with a gold interior.

It's one of those that's so well done that I'm debating whether or not to restore it.

Yours looks to be in the same kind of condition.

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

Mail man was good to me today. Fresh off the Canada Post truck.

1. Replacement chassis for the warped one I got in my Revell Mercedes AMG GT

20170207_110827-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

2. Some Scale Productions CF decals from Tom@TheScaleModerler.com 

20170207_110843-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

3. And the beautiful Corvette C7R 2014 Pratt and Miller test mule decals from Scale Motorsports.

Hosted on Fotki

Hosted on Fotki

Edited by Jhedir6

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...