Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Finally popped for one of these for a decent price, as the existing supply seems to be dwindling and lotsa vendors are either "out of stock" or pretty spendy. Always a fan of the AWB cars, from the beginning.

It seems to be a great kit, though I do have a few minor criticisms I'll address if and when I ever build it. 

One word of warning...there's a lot of stuff in the box, and the way the body shell is kinda wedged in sideways is just asking for a warped roof if the kit remains sealed for a long time, or especially if anything is stored on top of it.

Moebius 1965 AF/X Plymouth Satellite "Golden Commandos" - 1/25 Scale | 1237  - Up Scale Hobbies

Snagged one of these too, again for a much better-than-average price, and again mostly because the $$ most people want for 'em has risen substantially of late. Time to glom on to one before they go any higher. As being representative of a very early "hot rod", it is of more interest to me than most older T kits...and as such, will most likely end up lowered a little, with Frontenac OHV or OHC power.     

image.jpeg.29ac3fb8d5fa04c183e4bfbcd2352f05.jpeg

American Model T 1913 Speedster Sports Car 1/24 ICM Models

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Arrival earlier this week:

Was cheap as the wheel/tyres and some of the accessory parts were missing.

The seller had put an alternative set in, wide BBS wheels with slick tyres which shouldn't work, but....

IMG_8884.JPG.1235e7c1ace641ec9dd338a74c8db499.JPG

Now I'm thinking perhaps it might?!

That is definitely different, and definitely cool.

You NEED to finish that build!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

One word of warning...there's a lot of stuff in the box, and the way the body shell is kinda wedged in sideways is just asking for a warped roof if the kit remains sealed for a long time, or especially if anything is stored on top of it.

This seems to be a common issue with Moebius. Just spring for a larger box already!

I've had a couple of their newer Ford truck kits. Both with warped parts that I'm sure had something to do with just how tightly packed they were in the boxes.

Luckily, their customer service is excellent and new parts arrive quickly.

20 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

This seems to be a common issue with Moebius. Just spring for a larger box already!

I've had a couple of their newer Ford truck kits. Both with warped parts that I'm sure had something to do with just how tightly packed they were in the boxes.

Luckily, their customer service is excellent and new parts arrive quickly.

Prollollobly ran the numbers, decided it's cheaper to replace warped parts under "warranty" than to redesign the boxes and eliminate the problem. Of course, that would also require re-doing the box printing, and even replacing the boxes that case-quantities are shipped in. Could run into some money...and the after-sale free replacement for warped parts is kinda in line with TinyLimp's constant "fixes" of stuff they didn't catch prior to product introduction.

Seems there's lotsa that kinda thinking around today.

Still...ya gotta wonder how many potential repeat customers they're losing every time a noob gets an unbuildably-warped kit, doesn't know about the free replacement program, tosses it, and gives up the hobby.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy
  • Like 1

This all came in today. I had a kit that had everything in it except for the body. I tried locating a body here and on numerous forums to no avail. So all this cost me less than what I could buy just a body on eBay for. Enough to build2 kits and have spare parts. 

1953 corvette.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ewetwo said:

This all came in today. I had a kit that had everything in it except for the body. I tried locating a body here and on numerous forums to no avail. So all this cost me less than what I could buy just a body on eBay for. Enough to build2 kits and have spare parts. 

Good deal.  :D

That's a pretty nice kit, actually...with the exception being the horrible job ALL the gen-one Corvette kit designers did on the up-tops. Yech.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Went to the lhs to get some primer for an upcoming build, browsed the evergreen racks and got some resupplies, found these Meng bolts and those will save a heck of a lot of scratch building. They had a bunch of nos kits from an estate! Found the Thames panel release 1995 always wanted one, had some partials but never enough to build a full kit. And lastly a fb auction score. Now I’ll finally have a trailer for the attempt 1.

IMG_6968.jpeg

IMG_6969.jpeg

IMG_6967.jpeg

IMG_6966.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bullybeef said:

Went to the lhs to get some primer for an upcoming build, browsed the evergreen racks and got some resupplies, found these Meng bolts and those will save a heck of a lot of scratch building. They had a bunch of nos kits from an estate! Found the Thames panel release 1995 always wanted one, had some partials but never enough to build a full kit. And lastly a fb auction score. Now I’ll finally have a trailer for the attempt 1.

Man you had yourself a good day! Congrats!

• Like 1