Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

7 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

I got an MPC McLaren Mk 8B to go with my Mk 8D. There's something oddly sentimental about those kits, for me. It makes no sense! I also got these cool switched plugs. Now, I don't have to plug in and unplug my Weller iron, every time I need it.

Plug Switch 01.jpg

Plug Switch 03.jpg

Cool. Where did you get that?

Not really so much "what I got" rather than "what I found."  I was doing some repairs on an old shed and noticed an odd shape laying on one of the shelves. This is what I found:

20231205_123846.jpg

Does this organization still exist, and are there any former/current members on the forum?

Edited by TarheelRick
  • Like 2

This box has been sitting around for a few months unopened (since I knew what was in it), but cleaning up the basement this morning I finally emptied it out. BeeMaNuNu kits have grown to have that annoying "went out of stock so now it's made of unobtainable platinum pricing" thing that happens. So these 5 Audis along with the others purchased brings my stock of them level with the amount of aftermarket decals. It's always easier to sell them later than it is to buy them later...

20231205_121034.thumb.jpg.225c81a27989320a43210422bff05b87.jpg

• Like 3

Kits arrived today from my favourite Kijiji seller in London, ON. I made a combined order with two friends, Alex and Ken. For my kits, which included the Fujimi Ford GT-40 Mk. II LeMans Winner, a set of Shunko decals was included. I'm leaning towards doing the Ken Miles car. Three extra kits were included, and I will give my friends first choice on a ZOOM meeting tonight.

2023-12-06 Alex.jpg

2023-12-06 Ken.jpg

2023-12-06 Bonus Kits.jpg

2023-12-06 Bill 1.jpg

2023-12-06 Bill 2a.jpg

2023-12-06 Bill 2b.jpg

• Like 4

Two new kits showed up today from a good friend. The Phaeton really freaked me out, as I feared it only had the chopped top (which I loathe), but it has full fenders, engine cowl louvers and the standard, non-chopped top. The tires look like they belong on a farm tractor, but easy enough to replace. The Willys will probably end up as a cool gasser.

DSCN1523.JPG

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Bill Eh? said:

Kits arrived today from my favourite Kijiji seller in London, ON. I made a combined order with two friends, Alex and Ken. For my kits, which included the Fujimi Ford GT-40 Mk. II LeMans Winner, a set of Shunko decals was included. I'm leaning towards doing the Ken Miles car. Three extra kits were included, and I will give my friends first choice on a ZOOM meeting tonight.

2023-12-06 Alex.jpg

2023-12-06 Ken.jpg

2023-12-06 Bonus Kits.jpg

2023-12-06 Bill 1.jpg

2023-12-06 Bill 2a.jpg

2023-12-06 Bill 2b.jpg

Love it. I was just eye balling the calsonic skyline at hobby town today, but I didn’t get it 🥲

• Like 1

On 12/6/2023 at 1:40 AM, niteowl7710 said:

This box has been sitting around for a few months unopened (since I knew what was in it), but cleaning up the basement this morning I finally emptied it out. BeeMaNuNu kits have grown to have that annoying "went out of stock so now it's made of unobtainable platinum pricing" thing that happens. So these 5 Audis along with the others purchased brings my stock of them level with the amount of aftermarket decals. It's always easier to sell them later than it is to buy them later...

20231205_121034.thumb.jpg.225c81a27989320a43210422bff05b87.jpg

I always wonder why we buy more than on of any kit! I can only afford one of each!

I got a Scuz-Fink.  I've been watching the dumb prices on eBay for these and a new one finally popped up at a significantly lower price, so I pulled the trigger. This comes pretty close to competing my collection of the Ed Roth monster kits.

I also got this original 1970 issue T'rantula which looked pretty complete and was described as "started" When it arrived I discovered that nothing is glued or painted at all, and without inventory, I think all parts are present. It also happened to have a cool little turtle deck drag body in the box. Does anyone know which kit it is from? Sorry, it's upside down in the picture and I'm too lazy to take a new one right now.

Thirdly, I also got a 1997 re-issue of the Revell Gypsy Dune Buggy. I'd never seen it before and I found it at the bottom of a rabbit hole I was following. :)

b.jpg

c.jpg

g.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, redscampi said:

I got a Scuz-Fink.  I've been watching the dumb prices on eBay for these and a new one finally popped up at a significantly lower price, so I pulled the trigger. This comes pretty close to competing my collection of the Ed Roth monster kits.

I also got this original 1970 issue T'rantula which looked pretty complete and was described as "started" When it arrived I discovered that nothing is glued or painted at all, and without inventory, I think all parts are present. It also happened to have a cool little turtle deck drag body in the box. Does anyone know which kit it is from? Sorry, it's upside down in the picture and I'm too lazy to take a new one right now.

Thirdly, I also got a 1997 re-issue of the Revell Gypsy Dune Buggy. I'd never seen it before and I found it at the bottom of a rabbit hole I was following. :)

b.jpg

c.jpg

g.jpg

Looks like the roadster body from the revell Tony Nancy 22jr double kit.

Got the new Hasegawa '90 Nissan 300 ZX 2+2 from HLJ, an unbuilt extra AMT Chevy C1500 SS 454 from eBay, and a DDA Holden Sandman kit from an Australian online hobby shop. It's first Australian kit I've bought, very nice presentation in a fancy box made like a shoebox..

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Got the new Hasegawa '90 Nissan 300 ZX 2+2 from HLJ, an unbuilt extra AMT Chevy C1500 SS 454 from eBay, and a DDA Holden Sandman kit from an Australian online hobby shop. It's first Australian kit I've bought, very nice presentation in a fancy box made like a shoebox..

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

I really like that Holden. The blown kit version is pretty neat too.

• Like 1