Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Just now, lordairgtar said:

How do those Skylark kits rate for accuracy. I know the old Perry's bodies were off a bit. I really like Too Many Projects Skylark. Very very close to accurate.

They look nice from the eBay photos, look similar to Andrey Beredzony's one...I have one of those printed by Andy Lesiak and one of Andrey's Buick Sport Wagons of the same era I got from Diolex on eBay. 

23 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

So, you're the guy who snagged the AMX PE set on fleabay. I was about to pull the trigger on it but it was gone. :D

Guilty as charged!,never knew one existed til then.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drodg said:

I see the Buick on Ebay.  How does the quality seem now that you have received it?  

Overall i think its nicely done,i think the windshield area seems a little to squarish but probably can be fixed with a little sanding.

2 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

How do those Skylark kits rate for accuracy. I know the old Perry's bodies were off a bit. I really like Too Many Projects Skylark. Very very close to accurate.

On a scale of 1-10 , would give this print a 8, mentioned to another forum member the windshield area seemed a little squarish but everything else i liked,my plan is to build it as a 69 'Baldwin motion car if i can find all the necessary parts.dtuyke5tmr.JPG.e579039ad988f33770542e67736b409b.JPG

3 hours ago, kelson said:

On a scale of 1-10 , would give this print a 8, mentioned to another forum member the windshield area seemed a little squarish but everything else i liked,my plan is to build it as a 69 'Baldwin motion car if i can find all the necessary parts.dtuyke5tmr.JPG.e579039ad988f33770542e67736b409b.JPG

Baldwin Motion pimped Skylarks? I had no idea. 

1 hour ago, Mittagskind said:

A new attempt to find a reasonable chrome color

There seem to an ever increasing number of options.  At the moment I have been looking something that can be brushed for adding small painted details.

I have heard good things about the Green Stuff product and the Vallejo one as well. I wonder if the Green Stuff and Vallejo products are the same thing seeing as the Green Stuff bottle and Vallejo bottle size/shape are similar.

I look forward to your report on how well this product works.

cheers, Graham

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ColonelKrypton said:

I have heard good things about the Green Stuff product and the Vallejo one as well. I wonder if the Green Stuff and Vallejo products are the same thing seeing as the Green Stuff bottle and Vallejo bottle size/shape are similar.

I look forward to your report on how well this product works.

Graham, I've the Vallejo chrome color too. At least the bottles are not exactly the same. One of the next days I'll realise the spoon test with both of them. We can compare then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mittagskind said:

Graham, I've the Vallejo chrome color too. At least the bottles are not exactly the same. One of the next days I'll realise the spoon test with both of them. We can compare then.

I’m looking forward to this test/comparison too. Have you considered posting the results elsewhere in the forum where it might be more appropriate and helpful for those not following this thread? I will add my name to your followers list so I’ll be sure not to miss it!

5 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Latest PZY/Kit Box resin multimedia kit. Liberty Walk's latest take on the Lamborghini Aventador in the cars final production Evo Spec.

received_1704020703464535.jpeg.b70fe523c4083cecf3393d04c2f33fd9.jpeg

Also the latest from HLJ

Been thinking about popping for this one, but too many on the shelf to be built as it is.

2 hours ago, Exotics_Builder said:

Been thinking about popping for this one, but too many on the shelf to be built as it is.

Yeah...but the PZY stuff sells out pretty quickly and they occasionally might do a second half run, but it winds up being less than 300 pcs worldwide between direct sales and resellers. Very easy to miss out on them if you don't grab them when they're released. 

Got this for further Corvette research.  All the photos are black and white but they are really good.  The stories are great too with many soon to be famous names getting their starts in the early days.

California Screaming.jpg

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Mittagskind said:

A new attempt to find a reasonable chrome color. In a german modelbuilder forum someone is praising this, good results with brush and airbrush. I'll test it and report.

20240125_163600.thumb.jpg.0bdbd2fd6f9c6e8b8a1f024909084b10.jpg

A report please.