Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The manager came up and looked through the price book and said its $13.99 so with my 40% coupon I got it for $8.98 after taxes. I thought I would share this to see if any other hobby lobbys were selling these for $13.99 or if they just told me the wrong price

I just saw it priced at $29.99 at my local HL a few hours ago. Nice 67% discount you got. :D

My friendly postman delivered this to me today and I am a happy camper, I was sweating and hoping it would not be damaged as this

is a 90.00 ebay sealed kit find until I opened it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

HPIM3540.jpg

I am jealous, as I have been trying to get one of those for the longest time. I was able to get a decent built up a few months ago at our NNL.

187.jpg

189.jpg

190.jpg

It is mostly there, except that it has 1975 Caprice wheelcovers, and the chrome is a little weak. I should be able to remove the paint from it without much of a hassle. Like I wrote, yours is beautiful, and too nice for what I am going to do to this one.

1974Impala.jpg

My Mom bought one of these on Memorial Day, 1974. I believe that I can do this one out of the Caprice. It's in line withthe other projects. I'll have to draw up the plans, and gather the supplies I need to do the conversion.

I can't wait to see what you do with the '74 Caprice.

Today at the LLCNNL here in Ca. I got Revell's '65 Chevelle, Revell's Mad Mudder 4x4, Testor's Coupster, Lindberg's '67 Old's 442, Revell's '67 Dodge Charger, Revell's '53 Chevy Bel Air, and Flashpoint resin's '68 Camaro turbo promod body!

I am jealous, as I have been trying to get one of those for the longest time. I was able to get a decent built up a few months ago at our NNL.

187.jpg

189.jpg

190.jpg

It is mostly there, except that it has 1975 Caprice wheelcovers, and the chrome is a little weak. I should be able to remove the paint from it without much of a hassle. Like I wrote, yours is beautiful, and too nice for what I am going to do to this one.

1974Impala.jpg

My Mom bought one of these on Memorial Day, 1974. I believe that I can do this one out of the Caprice. It's in line withthe other projects. I'll have to draw up the plans, and gather the supplies I need to do the conversion.

Thanks Ron, I really loved seeing this Caprice still sealed in the bag. I will probably build it factory stock or as the tow car version shown on the box...

I like your 74 Caprice... :rolleyes:

I picked up this Kenworth K-123 from the early 70's from the flea market yesterday for $10.00 with all the parts still in the bags but it is missing one steel axle but even the decals are in nice shape, the chrome all looks really nice but I took those out out of the plastic bag they came in because the bags are yellow due to age/smokers and I wanted to see just what kind of shape that the chrome was in.

One of my best Second hand scores yet.

kenworthk123.jpg

**borrowed the pic from ebay**

187.jpg

189.jpg

190.jpg

1974Impala.jpg

Is that a spirit of America impala?

finally can post something here. made a few trades, got a lindburg 53 ford, a 69 charger, interior parts for a 68 runner and a few rat packer hood are on thier way!! now, if someone can ship me some time to build, i will be all set!!

thanks all involved for the great trades!!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...