Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

A bunch of factory color paints, like Poppy Red and Lime Gold, among several others. From Scalefinishes, great service and a super nice guy to boot.

I also got a Novus polishing kit. Most of my polishing supplies were worn out or just gone, so a new kit will give me some better results, hopefully.

A cool day at the mailbox :)

Good deal on the Continental and the Chrysler, Chris!

Got this nice first issue AMT '57 T-bird that had it's chassis painted, engine partly assembled, and moldlines properly cleaned up by the original owner long ago. The "Styline" custom front and rear parts are gone, which doesn't matter to me, other than it's complete. The box and instruction booklet are really clean. $24 and change, including shipping, from Ebay. Feels like a good deal for a clean original-issue builder!

Rubber stamp on the bottom of the box from an old hobby shop... "Major Art & Hobby Center, 201 E. 2nd St., Davenport, Iowa" Apparently they're still there. Opened in 1954! Anybody know this place? http://majorartandhobby.com/

Shots from the listing...

post-1305-0-14244800-1393876459_thumb.jppost-1305-0-00238000-1393876475_thumb.jppost-1305-0-78296000-1393876512_thumb.jppost-1305-0-33753700-1393876544_thumb.jppost-1305-0-30471500-1393876576_thumb.jppost-1305-0-52007300-1393876608_thumb.jppost-1305-0-86943300-1393876645_thumb.jp

Picked up the latest issue of Maximum Drive magazine (issue 5 ). Not cheap $8.99 but they understand that readers want to see car features. However 2 yrs 12 issues for $34.95 is the way I plan to go. 130 pages . They cover from rat rods to Ferrari s. Plenty of car features and few tech articles.

Good score on the T-bird! That custom front end, if you had it, is supposed to be good for converting the AMT '53 Studebaker into a '58 Packard Hawk. I have three incomplete '57s that will someday be combined to build the one Nancy Sinatra had:

(Anyone have a good kit source for those mags and the steering wheel?)

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Well it wasn't today but friday, i still cant believe i got these for these prices

tyrone malones hide out truck sealed 50.00

Amt snowplow sealed 30.00

tennesse transporter sealed 30.00

diamond in the rough sealed 30.00

ertl f2674 dump truck open 30.00

ertl paystar mixer open 50.00 and the kicker is my wife went in a snow storm while i was at work and then when i went back to the guys house, because she forgot a kit. He says we dug some more stuff out and says seing your a builder you can have this, a pristige car hauler with the kenworth and cameros.

Very happy to win this one today, I know this was has just been reissued but this is the original kit with the side window cutouts, been after it for a long time cost me £16.50 (approx $28 )

_12.jpg

The body looks like it is really straight. That's a good find...many of the early kits have damaged bodies (lower body sides pulled closer together, cowl section broken). The unbuilt one I found was damaged, but later I found a built one that had a number of parts missing. Being assembled, the body stayed straight, and the missing parts were missing because so little cement had been used in assembling it.

Well it wasn't today but friday, i still cant believe i got these for these prices

tyrone malones hide out truck sealed 50.00

Amt snowplow sealed 30.00

tennesse transporter sealed 30.00

diamond in the rough sealed 30.00

ertl f2674 dump truck open 30.00

ertl paystar mixer open 50.00 and the kicker is my wife went in a snow storm while i was at work and then when i went back to the guys house, because she forgot a kit. He says we dug some more stuff out and says seing your a builder you can have this, a pristige car hauler with the kenworth and cameros.

Nice haul and you got the prestige car transporter free UGH!!! lol

Oh, Nancy, you vixen you! Never heard of the show, though as a hormonal 13-year-old-back then I was well aware of Nancy and her walkin' boots!

Nice T-bird, too. Can't think of any kit that has those specific mags, with the peaked spokes, but there are plenty of somewhat similar ones. The steering wheel sort of looked like a second-gen Corvette wheel with the wood rim.

Got me some Kosutte Ginsan and some other goodies. Model Factory Hiro air brake ducts

PEPcEgy.jpg

cG0mVxx.jpg

detail and ignition wire. Battery cables and braided line. I still have some more on the way. Also some photo etched roll cage gussets.

OhnJhsh.jpg

DqjotLi.jpg

I'm an idiot and bought the Type 78 when I thought I was buying the Type 79. So I got the Type 79 and some serious stuff to go with it

VPd9mza.jpg

JPS decals and some decals for the 312 T

G99KcW1.jpg

PE set and MFH seat belt set

0VpWTPA.jpg

MFH white metal sets. Brakes, misc parts. Turned funnels with fuel fittings and line. I also have a PE body panel set and some other stuff on the way

kb7GccC.jpg

That's not even close to everything I ordered. I was left unsupervised last week, this is what happens.

Cameron, where did you order the kosutte ginsan? I thought that stuff was long out of production?

The only place I found it was Hobby Search. I emailed and asked if they could ship it, thinking it was restricted. They said no problem.

I ordered a large order, $150+ from them. it showed up in a week. Great customer service

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10011510

got this stuff over the past week or so

photo_zpsb0742ce0.jpg

photo_zps532f83bc.jpg

photo_zpsf1622a22.jpg

and this today,

photo_zps7f17bd32.jpg.

you guys have scored some sweet stuff this week! my favorite line.....'I was left unsupervised, this is what happens' , about fell outta my chair when I read that! :lol:

Tons for detailing stuff, photoetch, Decals, rims and spare parts from Ebay this last week. Here are the new kits, the Mustang kit i think is 1/64 scale.

12932987944_30d3b5ec52_c.jpg
Untitled by jrherald420, on Flickr

Actually James, that Mustang is most probably HO (1/87) scale. Lindberg at one time was big in making snapfit kits that were for double duty as train layout pieces. I have a few, an old cement mixer, an old GMC (maybe) box truck that was like a U-Haul style truck, and a school bus (IIRC) from that series, and the Mustang appears as if it could be from that as well. They also made quite a few big rigs that were truck and trailer kits for the HO Scale line.

The only thing I find funny comparing the Mustang box to the kits I have and have seen from that HO Scale line, they usually have "HO SCALE" somewhere in usually prominent lettering on the box art. I wouldn't be surprised if you look closely at the box or instructions, you'll more than likely find HO Scale somewhere.

got this stuff over the past week or so

photo_zpsb0742ce0.jpg

photo_zps532f83bc.jpg

photo_zpsf1622a22.jpg

and this today,

photo_zps7f17bd32.jpg.

you guys have scored some sweet stuff this week! my favorite line.....'I was left unsupervised, this is what happens' , about fell outta my chair when I read that! :lol:

Great score, I have not found the race haualer at hobby lobby yet and model roundup sold out of them until april .

Got my free Boss 302 kit today from Revell

IMG_2323_zpsb097d97f.jpg

IMG_2324_zps3102b674.jpg

I was told by GMS Customs on Ebay that Revell pushed back the release of this till the end of March. I canceled my order for 2 of these after he told me that.

Actually James, that Mustang is most probably HO (1/87) scale. Lindberg at one time was big in making snapfit kits that were for double duty as train layout pieces. I have a few, an old cement mixer, an old GMC (maybe) box truck that was like a U-Haul style truck, and a school bus (IIRC) from that series, and the Mustang appears as if it could be from that as well. They also made quite a few big rigs that were truck and trailer kits for the HO Scale line.

The only thing I find funny comparing the Mustang box to the kits I have and have seen from that HO Scale line, they usually have "HO SCALE" somewhere in usually prominent lettering on the box art. I wouldn't be surprised if you look closely at the box or instructions, you'll more than likely find HO Scale somewhere.

I will have to dig this back out and check. The Car is molded in red and the garage is in white.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...