Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Saturday, I picked up a nice deal.

A 1993 issue AMT '63 Chevy Impala SS. I might use that as a roof donor for my Wildcat if I can't fix the roof and/or the windows. If I end up using the roof, this becomes a convertible.

I also got a 2002-issue '49 Merc, mainly for the flathead for the Revell Merc wagon I plan on acquiring

Both for less than half the price of one new kit. Good deal.

Charlie Larkin

Great score, I have not found the race haualer at hobby lobby yet and model roundup sold out of them until april .

my son happened to be at HL last week, said they added some new stock and the hauler was in the new stuff. it's good to have a second shopper :D

Old Trucks some how make great tribute builds....I am enjoying this post and all the replys a lot...My "Old Junk Truck" is like that also...My Dads name was Marvin....His Pals knew him as Marv...He "Coined" the Term "Good Junk"....He liked cars and Models You know "Good Junk"....The Decals on that one were from a "Snap Fast" kit from our young Nephews collection.... Chris passed away from after a battle with testicular cancer at the age of 21...When I was telling one of my Pals about the "Built" and "Decal Sheet"....My friend ask "Are you ready to cut 'em up ?"....In my "Minds Eye" I could already see The "Marv's Junk" truck built.....some projects are like that..."Yea" was all I said.

"Good Junk" I like that a lot. I just checked out the old junk truck. Somehow I missed that thread. I dig it!

I`ve spied a few more goodies at Deans that I`ve been tempted to get but my stash is already big enough. My LHS actually has a huge selection of models and accessories ( the guys that own it are avid model builders and total r/c nerds) but they only carry new stuff. I like some of the older and hard to get goodies that I`ve seen on Deans.

I picked up an Aoshima Subaru BRZ off the 'bay today.

I have a project in mind for it.. though i don't actually need the kit for a while i just couldn't resist picking it up.

this one may be my NEXT project.

Tamiya makes one too, but come to find out the Tamiya kit is Right hand Drive :(

post-8249-0-38611600-1394065808_thumb.jp

Edited by DirtModeler

Today the mailman delivered a 1956 Buick promo that I got on EBAY. I'll have to replace one of the vent windows, but it's added to the "pile" of 1950's cars that I have yet to build.

1956BUICKPROMOFROMEBAY11024x763_zps2c742

1956BUICKPROMOFROMEBAY21024x727_zps3544a

That will be a great builder for you Rich..

Does the kit offer 2 dashboards? Left side & right side steering.

No none of Aoshima's Silvias (S13, S14, or S15) have LHD setups. You need to go with Fujimi or Tamiya if you want LHD, and Tamiya specifically if you want the markings to make them U.S. Spec 200SX (S12) and 240SX (S13), the S15 Silvia was not exported to North America.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...