Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The kit you bought might have a different front bumper if it's an early (made in Mexico) issue.The first run had an incorrect bumper that was missing the W-30 scoops beside the parking lights. I believe it was corrected when production moved to China, still with the same box art.Regardless of which one you have, it's still a nice kit and a good deal.

It came a few days ago and it is indeed made in Mexico, the chrome looks more satin that shiney, so it might get the Alclad treatment

I finally won a 72 Impala on eBay! I had been collecting parts to piece one together so I'll have to see what works best once it arrives. It's a built up done as a badly built low rider. The body and chrome look original and that's all I need!

This finishes my run of full size Chevys from 1949 to 1976

I finally won a 72 Impala on eBay! I had been collecting parts to piece one together so I'll have to see what works best once it arrives. It's a built up done as a badly built low rider. The body and chrome look original and that's all I need!

This finishes my run of full size Chevys from 1949 to 1976

That's cool, Tom! I've always thought it would be fun to put together a series like that.

Uh. Now, better get to work on three Galaxy kits ... '46, '47, and '48 Chevys! :o

{You just thought you were done!}

That's cool, Tom! I've always thought it would be fun to put together a series like that.

Uh. Now, better get to work on three Galaxy kits ... '46, '47, and '48 Chevys! :o

{You just thought you were done!}

IMG_2165-vi.jpg

Hmmm Dan, I hadn't even thought about those, but I have at least 4 Galaxie kits. I can go all the way back to 1941 if I use my Welly diecast and of course ignore the war years of 1942-5.

old202s-vi.jpg

And the year run isn't all nice models I built with great details. A lot of it are promos, and old built ups done by others like these.

Take four '41 Ford Sedans, paint two Olive Drab,

I've seen models of staff cars, in fact I have a 1940 Ford and 1941 Plymouth 4 door sedan resins tucked away to do that someday. Only problem here is that I'm doing a line of Chevys. If Galaxie does a 1941 Chevy and someone casts a sedan, I'm golden! :D Oh, procrastination is my friend indeed!

Scored a couple of kits at the Big 3 Car Swap Meet this past weekend.

Got this AMT Vega Wagon Funny parts kit for only one dollar

bench22514005_zpse407e9ee.jpg

And these two for $25! The J Car is all there with almost enough parts for a second one. The Falcon is a build up but will restore nicely and it has the rest of the parts that came with the kit inside. The seller has had them since they where new and he built them as a kid! Yes, the are one owner kits!

bench22514006_zpsc586f9b9.jpg

Edited by Daddyfink

Scored a couple of kits at the Big 3 Car Swap Meet this past weekend.

Got this AMT Vega Wagon Funny parts kit for only one dollar

bench22514005_zpse407e9ee.jpg

And these two for $25! The J Car is all there with almost enough parts for a second one. The Falcon is a build up but will restore nicely and it has the rest of the parts that came with the kit inside. The seller has had them since they where new and he built them as a kid! Yes, the are one owner kits!

bench22514006_zpsc586f9b9.jpg

That's a cool Falcon, with low miles too.

Got my ebay wins in the mail today, Ford Race car Hauler and International Transtar 4300. Going to use the Transtar as a donor kit for an Atkinson 4870. Also got a MCG photoetch set for the 58 Plymouth. :)

Got excited and bought a Moebius Prostar and Lonestar last night on ebay from GMS customs so hopefully they'll be here next week. ;)

Received this stuff today. The wheels I bought off ebay but they sent me the wrong ones. These are the Irok's and I ordered and the photo shows Hella's 17" and 19 ". The other stuff was included free. Not sure if they will make it right. If not these may be in the trade section as I have no use for them. The resin body is for the "Bronco Buster" drag car but as I can not locate the decals or any good photo's of the chassis it will be built as just a no name drag car. The body needs work because it flairs out at the bottom and has a minor twist to it. Hopefully some warm water will take care of that.

gottoday001_zps4a12b488.jpg

gottoday002_zpsf7ac0e56.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...