Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Was over at a friends place this morning and he gave me this. A 1936 Ford kit he bought new i,,,he thinks about  1963 or so

Its just parts , decals and instructions,,( no actual car.) I will throw the pieces in the parts box and use the box for wall art

PS, Since the board change why cant I upload pictures from my files .?

All I get is a message saying  , with no explanation as the reason of  problem

' There was a problem uploading the file. '

I cant even use an external image link ( such as from Ebay )

Edited by gtx6970

Was over at a friends place this morning and he gave me this. A 1936 Ford kit he bought new i,,,he thinks about  1963 or so

Its just parts , decals and instructions,,( no actual car.) I will throw the pieces in the parts box and use the box for wall art

PS, Since the board change why cant I upload pictures from my files .?

All I get is a message saying  , with no explanation as the reason of  problem

' There was a problem uploading the file. '

Someone ENLIGHTEN me with why the board change via I cant find where I would go to see what new things have been posted in threads ive posted in but not following?...

Went to a Auto and Parts Swap Meet this morning that they have here at the arena twice a year did not find what I was looking for but did score well on Model Kits ?

Kits are sealed like em that way and the two others still have the parts  sealed in bags ?

One of these days iam going to tackle one of these Hubley Kits have a few of them ?

Thanks For Looking Don aka XJ6?

I Have no idea how the Pic of the plane got here on my Posting  ??

image.jpg

Edited by XJ6
pic of plane how did it get here ? ?

Went to a Auto and Parts Swap Meet this morning that they have here at the arena twice a year did not find what I was looking for but did score well on Model Kits ?

Kits are sealed like em that way and the two others still have the parts  sealed in bags ?

One of these days iam going to tackle one of these Hubley Kits have a few of them ?

image.jpg

now thats an awesome score..........

I got a dehydrator finally ..been looking and reading about them for a long time and figured it was time. It has been in almost constant use since arriving ... drying paint and warming the cans. Thanks to all here who guided me towards this unit .. I'm very happy with it!

dehydrator%20_DSC6637_zpsezibzeqd.jpg

I also got an Arbor Press from Micro Mark, but to use as a pin vice holder for perfectly vertical holes. I'm happy with it but haven't used it for the circular hole pattern on some wheels I need it for. Have to rig up an index to evenly space the holes.

arbor%20press%20_DSC6638_zpsdfevp2sl.jpg

Edited by Foxer

image.jpg

I have no idea what happened to my pics are how that pic of that plane 

appeared here that is weird must be a glitch in the system ??

image.jpg

I have no idea what happened to my pics are how that pic of that plane 

appeared here that is weird must be a glitch in the system ??

This is my pic of what I got Today ?

image.jpg

Fresh from the mail box! :)

Steve

photo DSCN4348_zps10ziu7ih.jpg

Bought one on friday on Ebay,should be here in a week or so,my first Moebius actually. 

Do i dare ask what you had to pay for it? It was $25:50 on Ebay. Notices the prices vary a lot.

Steve

Bought one on friday on Ebay,should be here in a week or so,my first Moebius actually. 

Do i dare ask what you had to pay for it? It was $25:50 on Ebay. Notices the prices vary a lot.

Steve

Paid $29.00.

But that was including shipping.

Steve

OK, hope I don't get blasted too bad for this one:

Had to stop at Wal-Mart to get this and that.  Took a stroll down the toy car/diecast aisle like I always do.  Almost walked right past these things, then took a closer look.  Anyone seen these before?  "Adventure Wheels" seems to be a Wal-Mart brand, but the chassis in each of these indicates that they're actually manufactured by "Kidztech Toys".

These are actually plastic bodied pullback toys, with flashing LED headlights and sound effects.  Windows are totally opaque black plastic, and chassis detail is very shallow, and not prototypically correct.  BUT.....to my eyes at least, the bodies are actually very well done as far as proportions and details.  Even have clear headlights, driving lights, and clear red taillights.  Haven't bothered to scale them, but the Charger sure looks close to 1/25th scale.  Silverado seems like it might be 1/24th-ish, maybe even 1/23?  Still close enough to be in my ballpark.

Aside from the windows and lack of chassis detail, the Silverado has incorrect 8-lug wheels, but they do have a very nice Chevy bowtie tampo on the center, and decent looking rubber tires.  Could look nice swapped onto something more appropriate.  If I ever do anything with this one, probably would be a rim swap and drop it all the way to the ground to hide the chassis.  Paint is a must to hide the awful metallic red plastic it's molded in.

The Charger immediately looks 100% better after you peel off the awful police stickers.  The spoiler and oversized push bar are rubbery plastic, and will need to go, too.  The grille element sticks out too far, but it looks like a separate piece that just needs to be recessed in a little further.  I'm picturing ditching the junk lightbar and giving it an all black repaint for that unmarked look.

Just try to think of them as slammers.  I believe there's a Motormax diecast of the 2011-2014 Charger, but I'm thinking this is the only thing in plastic.  Don't think there's any other version of the 2007-2013 Silverado out there.  Hey, they're far from perfect, but they're frickin' toys!  What do you expect for $4.97 each? :D

IMG_20150803_005309.jpg

IMG_20150803_011142.jpg

IMG_20150803_010944.jpg

IMG_20150803_011043.jpg

IMG_20150803_012105.jpg

IMG_20150803_012051.jpg

Edited by Robberbaron

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...