Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I don't hide anything I buy from my wife......I just don't voluntarily reveal the purchases until she catches up with me

Deleting PayPal receipt e-mail notifications on our shared address is purely innocent and really just housekeeping

Got a Williams FW07 1/20 Tamiya this morning from Australia...been looking for a while

Andy buddy...Id pay it if I could afford too...LOL...long as the wife did not know...I never hide anything form her anyway...maybe Ill get lucky sometime?...LOL...

I don't hide this stuff from my wife either. She was sitting not even 10ft away from me when I opened the FB package the other day. She'll even ask if I'm expecting any packages in the mail for the week so she'll keep an eye out for them or listen for a knock at the door. But like I said before I don't/won't pay the overly inflated prices for most of the promos out there. I actually haven't paid more than $50(less the shipping) for any of the promos I have. Right timing and lucky I guess.:D 

WOW...50.oo or less for that kind of stuff...not bad for the right ones.  Nice thing about promos is you can get a scale replica in plastic that otherwise is not possible the kit companies just did not do them...too bad.  I have been after a kit or promo of a 75 Firebird to make a replica of my old 75 TA I once owned and a few others...cars the family owned over the years.

Revell '65 Chevy Stepside pickup (40% off) to use as a donor for my old gluebomb-salvage AMT '60 cab. I know the chassis isn't exactly correct, but it would work in 1:1, and that's all right with me.

Snagged the recent R2 '36 Ford release for $14.99 on the clearance table too. Really want to do a comparo between it and the original and re-release versions I have on the shelves. Interested particularly in the re-tooled (supposedly) chopped top. Pix of the chrome-reversed rims look good...we'll see...

...and several sheets of .005" red, blue, green and amber clear plastic sheet. Some gassers in the pipeline.

Had to be over by Hobby Lobby anyway, so I bought these as a delayed-gratification reward to myself if i clean up the model bench, AFTER I clean up the big-car shop today.;)

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

WOW...50.oo or less for that kind of stuff...not bad for the right ones.  Nice thing about promos is you can get a scale replica in plastic that otherwise is not possible the kit companies just did not do them...too bad.  I have been after a kit or promo of a 75 Firebird to make a replica of my old 75 TA I once owned and a few others...cars the family owned over the years.

Well Mark, not to make you even more jealous, I just scored another '70 GTO promo today. It's near mint to mint condition(seller claims a 10 out of 10) AND it comes with the original box. From the pictures it is scratch free and very shiny with very good intact shiny chrome. I went over my(sort of) $50 limit, but not by much and worth it to me. So, that makes 5 of the '70 GTO's. I'll post a pic when it gets here.

I don't hide anything I buy from my wife....

Me either.  She is used to what I do by now!  She'll bring in the mail and sarcastically call me,  "Presents!  Come get presents!"

I haven't bought much for models lately, but I got interested in my old stamp collection and specifically my New Jersey postmark collection I started as a kid.  So I've been buying them on the 'bay!  And it's not a lot of money, but a sprinkling of Paypal purchases over weeks for $1.50, $3.00, $8.00 etc... you get the idea of the spend.  One or two every other day...   sooo, I get notice from my bank that they've shut down my checking account due to an unusual spend pattern!   I had to call them to explain that yes, that was me!  

And what's good for the goose...   a while back my wife came to me and asked how to sell things on eBay or Craig's List... she brings out a box filled with expensive pocket books... and she's wanting a lot of money for these things, that I swear I never saw before!  Did I complain?  Nope!  I realized I had absolutely nothing to say about spending hobby money!   :lol:

Monthly pilgrimage to Hobby Lobby yielded a Garlits Wynnscharger and Revell AD-5 Skyraider on sale deep discount (what these kits sold for on eBay just a few years ago!), and I used my 40% off coupon on an AMT TeeVee dune buggy I've been wanting for a while.

Well Mark, not to make you even more jealous, I just scored another '70 GTO promo today. It's near mint to mint condition(seller claims a 10 out of 10) AND it comes with the original box. From the pictures it is scratch free and very shiny with very good intact shiny chrome. I went over my(sort of) $50 limit, but not by much and worth it to me. So, that makes 5 of the '70 GTO's. I'll post a pic when it gets here.

Cant wait till you post it!

btw do you know if you have the correct 68' GTO parts you can possibly either let go of or cast a set for me?... to correctly build my dad's old 68' he use to own and I'm currently looking for?

Cant wait till you post it!

btw do you know if you have the correct 68' GTO parts you can possibly either let go of or cast a set for me?... to correctly build my dad's old 68' he use to own and I'm currently looking for?

Sean- I actually don't have a model or parts for a '68 GTO. It's one of 3 years('68, '73, & '74) that is missing from my "1 of each year" collection...aside from the '04-'06 GTO's. Sorry I can't help you out. You can try and find the old Monogram kit, but unfortunately there are many incorrect parts to it. You can also try Modelhaus or other resin casters. I haven't gotten into casting...yet.

Sean- I actually don't have a model or parts for a '68 GTO. It's one of 3 years('68, '73, & '74) that is missing from my "1 of each year" collection...aside from the '04-'06 GTO's. Sorry I can't help you out. You can try and find the old Monogram kit, but unfortunately there are many incorrect parts to it. You can also try Modelhaus or other resin casters. I haven't gotten into casting...yet.

ive tried all the resin guys cant find one and I have a revel gto but trying to find an old mpc kit I think has the correct parts?... cant remember which kit has the correct parts?...

69 Cadillac resin DSC04952

I believe that resin is from R&R based on the amount of cleanup needed, and the box in the other photograph. Promolite does one that looks every bit as good as the original JoHan kit, in that it is very clean, trimmed properly, and is pinhole free. I have a Promolite and a Original Unbuilt JoHan Annual in my collection, and I am quite happy with them. One of them is going to be a convertible, as the Promolite resin included a convertible boot.

Edited by Ron Hamilton
additional information

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...