Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Not today, but recently acquired. One can never have too many "Squarebirds!"

Two nice rebuildable '60s. The convertible has had its emblems and script cleanly removed. Love that these kits have a stick shift trans hooked to the 352!

60_tbirds_1-vi.jpg

60_tbirds_2-vi.jpg

A really sad "basement find" '59 hardtop came from a friend in our model club. It'll be parted out and the roof will provide the basis for an up-top for the '60 convertible.

Green_59_bird_1-vi.jpgGreen_59_bird_3-vi.jpg

Green_59_bird_2-vi.jpg

A very close friend of mine passed away last month and left these projects to me.

The '62 Monterey will probably get stripped and repainted due to the glue damage from the skirts. The '63 Marauder will get cleaned and the loose parts glued back on. I have some replacement spotlights, mirrors and antennas for it.

The AMT '64 Fairlane will will most likely get an injected Ford small block as that was my friends plan for his rebuild. I'll be needing one bucket seat for it as it only came with one.

The '64 Corvette's just need some cleaning, minor repairs and replacement rims for the damaged ones.

When I get to them I'll most likely post them as WIP's

041-crop.JPG

042-crop.JPG

043-crop.JPG

046-crop.JPG

050-crop.JPG

051-crop.JPG

052-crop.JPG

Edited by VW93

Got a bunch of goodies in the mail today..got a box of parts from The Modelhaus, from C1 Models in the UK a '67 Camaro widebody conversion kit (in only 12 days and very well presented in a special box), and while not model related, but pretty cool---from Amazon several Mezco Breaking Bad 6 inch character figures for my BB collection..

A couple of early birthday presents.

I picked up a Bachmann RS-3 with sound in the Boston & Maine's classic maroon and gold scheme.

And an unbuilt MPC '66 Dodge Monaco 500- looked complete, paid a little more than I would've liked, but it wasn't horribly over-priced, either. 

Now to pick a color...something that'll show off that really cool wicker-trimmed interior. I'm thinking something simple and classic, like white with a blue or red interior. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221812861418

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575

A very close friend of mine passed away last month and left these projects to me.

The '62 Monterey will probably get stripped and repainted due to the glue damage from the skirts. The '63 Marauder will get cleaned and the loose parts glued back on. I have some replacement spotlights, mirrors and antennas for it.

The AMT '64 Fairlane will will most likely get an injected Ford small block as that was my friends plan for his rebuild. I'll be needing one bucket seat for it as it only came with one.

The '64 Corvette's just need some cleaning, minor repairs and replacement rims for the damaged ones.

041-crop.JPG

042-crop.JPG

043-crop.JPG

046-crop.JPG

050-crop.JPG

051-crop.JPG

052-crop.JPG

Sorry to hear about your friend Frank....looks like nice projects.

Got in an AMT 1995 Mustang GT from Ebay.  Less than $10 including shipping.  Body is shot, but it's complete otherwise.  I can put the body back together, but I'll just keep it as a spare. 

Body was too far gone.  I took the other Mustang kit that I had and made one whole one.  Still works out.

Edited by Deathgoblin
Correction

Got these on clearance locally. First time in that store. $5.99 for the Revell kits. $9.00 for the Rosco mpc kits to go with the 2 general lee kits I have. Maybe I'll get lucky and find the Daisy car and jeep.

20150725_151337.jpg

Brought home a new issue AMT '32 Vicky in a slightly crunched box for a princely $5!

From where? Those are the kind of deals that I need.

The HobbyTown I work at, we got 6 scratch and dent pallets in with all sorts of stuff, including a few Vicky's, the one I bought had been crunched bad in one corner and I was able to buy it CHEAP.

Brought home a new issue AMT '32 Vicky in a slightly crunched box for a princely $5!

The HobbyTown I work at, we got 6 scratch and dent pallets in with all sorts of stuff, including a few Vicky's, the one I bought had been crunched bad in one corner and I was able to buy it CHEAP.

Was the model ok...???

Was the model ok...???

yup, a dead corner got crunched, only flaw I could find was a rear wheel center looked to have been punched through, which had to have been done as it was being taken from the tool.

IMG_2167wide-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

With Avenel Hobbies closing in New Jersey, I made my final visit and saw these Danbury Mint pickups in the display case.  I will buy diecast for my light commercial / pickup collection for vehicles that we'll never see in plastic.   And I couldn't pass these up for $50 each complete with boxes etc.

They are a '29 Dodge, '31 Chevy and '42 Ford pickups. That's equal time to the big three!

041-crop.JPG

042-crop.JPG

043-crop.JPG

046-crop.JPG

050-crop.JPG

051-crop.JPG

052-crop.JPG

Sorry to hear about your friend Frank....looks like nice projects.

Thanks Mark. I don't know when I'll get to them but I hope to have a couple of them ready to display at the Goodguys Charlotte model show in October.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...