Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I have yet to build a Trumpeter kit, but I have the Nova & the '60 Bonneville

After seeing how the Bonneville kit looked, I kind of lost my faith in Trumpeter.

As far as I can see, the Nova looks like a pretty nice kit, but I haven't heard a lot about it & haven't really taken the time to check mine over really good.

Steve

I`m not familiar with these kits but the Nova builds i have seen looks pretty good. Is it the body you found incorrect or? 

I thought about use the Bonneville as a donor for some vintage AMT kits,chassis and drivetrain,but as said i have no 

experience with these kits. Noticed the Bonneville convertible is reasonable on Ebay.  

I`m impressed by all the parts on the Nova kit,the hood hinges are working photo-etch. 

I got a pack of these silly things. I really only wanted the one with the girl with the surfboard because my daughter who lives in San Diego has just started to surf. I want to build it for her as her as a surprise. I was able to get all these for the same price as just the one with shipping costs. These were shipped free.

Ray, it looks like you scored the entire series! I built the Woodie Kit when they first came out.

I`m not familiar with these kits but the Nova builds i have seen looks pretty good. Is it the body you found incorrect or? 

I thought about use the Bonneville as a donor for some vintage AMT kits,chassis and drivetrain,but as said i have no 

experience with these kits. Noticed the Bonneville convertible is reasonable on Ebay.  

I`m impressed by all the parts on the Nova kit,the hood hinges are working photo-etch. 

I don't think I'd hesitate building the '60 Bonneville convertible, but unfortunately, I have the hardtop.

The proportions of the top are just way out of whack!

Steve

Wow.  How many paint stands does a person need?  What's that yellow/blue thing on the lower left?

Well, it seems that the answer is four :lol:

That would be a paint cap opener for the two sizes of Tamiya paint , and Mr Hobby paints

The blue thing is a rubber cup that you can set the bottles in , guess to make it harder to knock over or move around.

Edited by martinfan5

I grabbed a couple kits from my local Ollie's since my sister in law gave me a gift card for Christmas.  Only got the F-150 Flareside and the Tennessee Police Crown Vic.  Mine never has much to choose from.  Never thought about the toy discount applying.  Where did you find the paints?  Were they back with the tools and other paint and stuff?  I never thought to look for that.

Yes. Back with the tools and automotive stuff

arriving from Japan. This kit looked good from all the comments on it and my brother had a maroon one ... so it really is impressive after one grok

citroen%20DS1920160114_140847_zpsjksv8ma

oh ... it was in perfect condition ... no warped or bent window posts. ))

Edited by Foxer

Postman just brought these two. I was the only bidder on a Swiss auction site at $48 for the pair + postage $9. I had no intention of going any higher and fully expected to get out-bid, so I was quite amazed to win the auction. Apparently there is little interest in old Rambler promos in Switzerland, I'm sure I would have been out-bid had they been on US Ebay.

They are Johan friction promos, both a little scruffy and the American has one vent post cracked and the other broken off. That's no problem since my intention with promos is always to disassemble them and then repair, repaint and detail them the same way I do a kit. (Wether I actually get around to doing that is another matter.)

Postman just brought these two. I was the only bidder on a Swiss auction site at $48 for the pair + postage $9. I had no intention of going any higher and fully expected to get out-bid, so I was quite amazed to win the auction. Apparently there is little interest in old Rambler promos in Switzerland, I'm sure I would have been out-bid had they been on US Ebay.

They are Johan friction promos, both a little scruffy and the American has one vent post cracked and the other broken off. That's no problem since my intention with promos is always to disassemble them and then repair, repaint and detail them the same way I do a kit. (Wether I actually get around to doing that is another matter.)

5217c9a4-66a2-4faf-be88-84a095a34125_zps

09f1bc66-4891-4a2c-8b56-bd84d18a52a2_zps

Peter... NICE finds...!   I too love the old promos and restoring them...those will be easy ones your lucky.  I have a 67 Ambassador HT and Convertible that both need work and parts.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...