Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

12400848_10153763290011399_1998445064620

s-l1600%205.jpg

Found some old trucks reasonable. The pick up i think is really old. 

The '61 Is an oldie Tommy!

Is it a Ford or a Chevy?

The box art was the same for either back then.

The Ford is usually more difficult to find than the Chevy.

Great find in either case!

I have the same kit with the trailer from '62 with the Chevy truck.

Paid $25.00 for it from an antique shop about 20 years ago.

Very nice stuff!

Steve

Sure is nice,looks mint. This and the 59 is the ones i dont have,hard to find. Great buy. 

Thanks Tommy!

I don't know if it was really what you would call a "great buy" but it is pretty much mint.

The chrome is a little "shaky" as it usually is in these old annuals & will need to be re-plated, but other than that, it's in fantastic shape & all there.

I'll be sending parts to the chromer soon & the parts from this kit will be included.

Hope to be working on it in the coming months.

Steve

Was in my local hobby shop today for some paint supplies.

And while i was there I just ' had '  to buy a kit. So I pulled the trigger on one of the new  1972 Hurst Olds convertible kit.

I will NOT be building it as the Hurst Olds or a 442 .

Just a plain old Cutlass convertible to replicate a friend of mines car .

Thanks Tommy!

I don't know if it was really what you would call a "great buy" but it is pretty much mint.

The chrome is a little "shaky" as it usually is in these old annuals & will need to be re-plated, but other than that, it's in fantastic shape & all there.

I'll be sending parts to the chromer soon & the parts from this kit will be included.

Hope to be working on it in the coming months.

Steve

The truck is a Chevrolet. I noticed now,picture of both the Chevy and Ford on the side of the box. 

The definition is maby a subjective thing but if everything is there and in overall good condition,i think it`s a good buy. 

Sounds good,and cant wait to see what you will do with it. I recently had 30+ bumpers sent to USA for plating,a buddy of 

mine who is a member on here did the mounting and help me out with deliver it,the result was excellent and fair priced. 

Actually it would have cost me twice if i was to get replacement resin bumpers. 

Tommy

The truck is a Chevrolet. I noticed now,picture of both the Chevy and Ford on the side of the box. 

The definition is maby a subjective thing but if everything is there and in overall good condition,i think it`s a good buy. 

Sounds good,and cant wait to see what you will do with it. I recently had 30+ bumpers sent to USA for plating,a buddy of 

mine who is a member on here did the mounting and help me out with deliver it,the result was excellent and fair priced. 

Actually it would have cost me twice if i was to get replacement resin bumpers. 

Tommy

I much prefer to have parts replated rather than replace them with resin parts.

It's more cost effective, the parts fit as they should, & in general, the finish is usually better than a resin part.

I feel, whenever possible, it's always much nicer to work with original styrene parts.

Steve

Well, this was a big surprise. This car had been sitting for a week with little action, but it was from that same seller who has a big following. Just before the end I threw out a lowball bid and sat back to watch the feeding frenzy from my fellow piranhas. Figured it would go for double what I bid - instead I won the thing:

59edsel1.thumb.jpg.46d43f213c9402ef4d08a

'59 Edsel 'vert that looks never to have been sullied by fender skirts, side pipes, antennae, scoops, louvers, extra tail fins, hot lacquer, 80-grit sandpaper or three tubes of glue. Plus it has new Modelhaus wheelcovers, taillights and fender ornaments. Downside: No front or rear bumpers, so I'll be on the lookout... Anybody have a set?

One more piece to the 1958 annuals puzzle.

A clean built-up of the original issue 1958 Edsel convertible . This one gives me all of the 58 annuals except the 58 Impala

Also got an unbuilt Johan 1962 Chrysler 300 kit ,,molded in white plastic

Johan300.jpg

58Edsel.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...