Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The '59 Edsel arrived today:

P1120128.thumb.JPG.b259184b8e562bd2df45fP1120130.thumb.JPG.45f213736d3414e3566a8

Thanks for the damages, USPS! (Maybe the seller could have padded it more, but I've gotten plenty of stuff mailed to me with less padding and no damage. Plus they also lost a $15.00 DVD I was supposed to get last Saturday; they're "investigating" it...:angry:)

Edited by ChrisBcritter

P1120128.thumb.JPG.b259184b8e562bd2df45fP1120130.thumb.JPG.45f213736d3414e3566a8

Thanks for the damages, USPS! (Maybe the seller could have padded it more, but I've gotten plenty of stuff mailed to me with less padding and no damage. Plus they also lost a $15.00 DVD I was supposed to get last Saturday; they're "investigating" it...:angry:)

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the USPS lately, but I can't remember the last time I got a package that didn't look like it was backed over by the mail truck!

Steve

This one showed up yesterday. A decent Johan 1959 Dodge.

I bought it exactly as shown. I could have done better, but I 'm not unhappy with it enough I plan to redo it anytime soon..

59Dodge.jpg

That's sweet!

The previous owner obviously had an inkling of what he was doing!

Is it an original kit?

Does it have an interior?

By the way, who's the chick in the hot pants in the background?

Nice view! :D

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

I don't know the packaging, but I'd be blaming the seller on this one.  Unless it was in a solid box and that was literally squashed.   Reminds me of the time I bought a Chrysler convertible built up and the seller sent it bare in a bubble mailer.  Of course the windshield frame got creamed!

That's sweet!

The previous owner obviously had an inkling of what he was doing!

Is it an original kit?

Does it have an interior?

By the way, who's the chick in the hot pants in the background?

Nice view! :D

Steve

I think that's a jungle pam figure...

I don't know the packaging, but I'd be blaming the seller on this one.  Unless it was in a solid box and that was literally squashed.   Reminds me of the time I bought a Chrysler convertible built up and the seller sent it bare in a bubble mailer.  Of course the windshield frame got creamed!

I am going to discuss this with the seller. Odd thing is the box appears to have no damage at all - maybe it was dropped and landed flat, but... In the end, however, I have a non-gluebomb '59 Edsel for $20 and change (and a parts trade for the bumpers) and it still doesn't need anywhere near the amount of work many of my other cars, that cost more, did.

In other words, I got a screaming deal but now it doesn't scream as loud.

I am going to discuss this with the seller. Odd thing is the box appears to have no damage at all - maybe it was dropped and landed flat, but... In the end, however, I have a non-gluebomb '59 Edsel for $20 and change (and a parts trade for the bumpers) and it still doesn't need anywhere near the amount of work many of my other cars, that cost more, did.

In other words, I got a screaming deal but now it doesn't scream as loud.

The rear fender damage might be a bit of a pain, but it doesn't look too bad.

I would much rather correct that than try to repair a crushed windshield frame!

The screw post I wouldn't worry about at all.

I've had dozens of those over the years.

A lot of times, those are cracked when the original builder screwed the chassis plate on.

Steve

The rear fender damage might be a bit of a pain, but it doesn't look too bad.

I would much rather correct that than try to repair a crushed windshield frame!

The screw post I wouldn't worry about at all.

I've had dozens of those over the years.

A lot of times, those are cracked when the original builder screwed the chassis plate on.

Steve

That's true; I'll take it downstairs later and try to get it to pop out (at least the crack didn't go into the emblem).

(Hey - remember the DVD I mentioned? It's just now been located. Turns out the USPS must have wanted it to have a nice tropical vacation on the way - it spent the last four days in Puerto Rico! :wacko:)

Edited by ChrisBcritter

That's true; I'll take it downstairs later and try to get it to pop out (at least the crack didn't go into the emblem).

(Hey - remember the DVD I mentioned? It's just now been located. Turns out the USPS must have wanted it to have a nice tropical vacation on the way - it spent the last four days in Puerto Rico! :wacko:)

If that DVD is Grumpy Old Men they like the warmer weather. LOL 

My buddy ordered a part that went from Nebraska to Michigan then to Texas before getting back to Michigan. That was UPS doing that wonder tracking. 

Well of course!

You know it's very difficult to tell the difference between Puerto Rico & Illinois! :D

Steve

I just recently bought two kits off ebay, and was shocked when I opened the package -the seller obviously doesn't know jack about models!!, he thought that since the kit was already in a box of its own, he didn't have to put it in one himself!!!!!!  it wasonly wrapped in brown paper!!  -luckily nothing was damaged this time, but  WOW!!  whats up with people these days?!

I just recently bought two kits off ebay, and was shocked when I opened the package -the seller obviously doesn't know jack about models!!, he thought that since the kit was already in a box of its own, he didn't have to put it in one himself!!!!!!  it wasonly wrapped in brown paper!!  -luckily nothing was damaged this time, but  WOW!!  whats up with people these days?!

I just had this happen with a seller off our local auction site called TradeMe. The seller had just put the kit inside a plastic shopping bag and wrapped it with  tape.

Beyond all odds it arrived at my place undamaged. 

I just had this happen with a seller off our local auction site called TradeMe. The seller had just put the kit inside a plastic shopping bag and wrapped it with  tape.

Beyond all odds it arrived at my place undamaged. 

Good to hear that you were lucky too! what if we had been people who collected kits with no intention of building them and needed the box to be in mint condition?!

Good to hear that you were lucky too! what if we had been people who collected kits with no intention of building them and needed the box to be in mint condition?!

That is unbelievable luck it got there ok.  I am one that likes the old boxes and instructions...I had one guy send me one that he cut up the original box to make it fit in the one he had to ship it in...bummer.

That is unbelievable luck it got there ok.  I am one that likes the old boxes and instructions...I had one guy send me one that he cut up the original box to make it fit in the one he had to ship it in...bummer.

That is CRAZY, and sad!!  -I intened to build all my kits -rare or not, but I still only save a very few boxes after one is finished, like for instance, I have an unopened original Aurora Chitty Chitty Bang Bang that when built, I will display the box.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...