Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Since it looks like I'm going to have a little more build time in the near future, I sprung for some PE bits, and an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS.

It was down to either the Iwata or the Talon TG-3F, but after reading all the reviews and actually holding them in my hands, I went for the Iwata.

I've been hesitant to get into BMF because of the uncertainty of always being able to slick my paint out with rattlecans, and sanding out orange-peel in "chrome" trim is something I just didn't want to have to face. BMF over peely paint looks like Fido's posterior to me.

I'm used to using a wide variety of 1:1 paint-spray equipment (I've been using some "big" guns on model cars), so I figure getting dialed-in with a decent airbrush shouldn't be too difficult.

I've been hesitant to get into BMF because of the uncertainty of always being able to slick my paint out with rattlecans, and sanding out orange-peel in "chrome" trim is something I just didn't want to have to face. BMF over peely paint looks like Fido's posterior to me.

I wouldn't worry too much about that Bill.

I almost always have a little bit of orange peel to polish out of my builds, but I rarely sand any trim for foiling.

The paint has a tendency to "draw away" from high points like moldings anyway, so my trim usually looks smoother than the flat body panels in the end.

Foiling usually goes pretty well for me & yields pretty good results without sanding.

Give it a shot anyway.

Steve

......just got back from Panther Hobby in the Toronto area, and the owner of the store Alex always has a great stack of car models at great prices....soooooo, the AMT 75 Gremlin, 53 ford pickup, Opel GT in white, 68 road runners in white and yellow, and the Curleys  gasser purple 41 Willys coupe came home today.....they will be thrown up in the stack like the others....to someday build...maybe...lol.....:D...the Ace.........

I feel you. Idk why I rushed that BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH build. I bought a few turbos from hobby design and they're so well detailed that I'm only doing singles with them. I just finished the rocket bunny frs with a single turbo 2jz in it, I'll post it right now in "under the glass".

Yea same for some unkown reason I prefer single huge turbo. Seems it brings out better detail, also tried fitting 2 huge turbos......didnt have any luck.I'll check out the Rocket Bunny.

Got another Accurate Miniatures McLaren M8B kit. The (sealed) box was badly crushed, but the price was right, so I rolled the dice. It arrived today, perfect inside.

The plan is to modify the chassis back to more of an M6 spec,  and combine it with the modified body shell of the AMT Coyote to make up a reasonably accurate full-detail McLaren M6 GT.

Image result for McLaren M6 GT            Image result for McLaren M6 GT        Image result for McLaren M6 GT

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Got another Accurate Miniatures McLaren M8B kit. The (sealed) box was badly crushed, but the price was right, so I rolled the dice. It arrived today, perfect inside.

The plan is to modify the chassis back to more of an M6 spec,  and combine it with the modified body shell of the AMT Coyote to make up a reasonably accurate full-detail McLaren M6 GT.

Image result for McLaren M6 GT            Image result for McLaren M6 GT        Image result for McLaren M6 GT

s-l1600.jpg

Oooooooooooo...

This is gonna be goooooood...

Wasn't expecting the box to be so big, there's a lot of chrome parts in this kit and the body is superbly molded,

and it's packed tight, and pretty well. I was worried because some have said the top was crushed down, but mine arrived perfect. :)

and it's packed tight, and pretty well. I was worried because some have said the top was crushed down, but mine arrived perfect. :)

Yes, I'd heard that, luckily no damaged occurred on either of mine, I'll start one when I've decided what colour scheme I'm going with

Just came today!

An extremely nice MPC '66 Bonneville.

MPC did some really nice kits back then!

Very nice detail throughout.

Aside from possibly the '61 Bonneville, I think the '66 was the best looking Bonny of the '60s.

Looking forward to building this one.

Steve

photo DSCN4761_zpsb3macrmm.jpg

Sure is nice,looks mint. This and the 59 is the ones i dont have,hard to find. Great buy. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...