Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The 65 full size Buicks had an unusual dash design w low mounted gauges.  The '66s had a conventional strip speedometer at normal height.   The '66 Riviera had a similar design I believe. 

Your right about the regular '66 Buick dashboard. But, the '66 Riv had a barrel speedometer, simular, but not same, as the Olds Toronado.

Just got these today:

These have to be the absolute nicest aftermarket item I've ever ordered. I haven't even opened the package yet and they look perfect. No visible flash, no distortions, resin looks smooth and clean and the tires have a nice soft feel to them, even better than kit tires. I'll post some picks up in the review section later on, but Joesph at Fireball Modelworks is an artist.

David

Got tires and some extra stock bits from the IMC VW - thanks Vince and Brad - and started to Frankenstein the VW rims with the Hubley Renault hubs for the Dauphine project; just in time as I just finished the mods to the curbside chassis.

Wonder how much more work I'll have to do before Ebbro brings out a full-detail Dauphine?

Picked up another one.

This is my 2nd 1961 Impala convertible built up. my other one I'm not sure will strip clean .

Near mint shape,nothing ever painted , no goofy add on custom stuff,,, even included the uptop ( not sure I'll use it though )

An absolute pristine original box and the original parts were included.

61Impala_zpsqeahtkpy.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

Picked up another one.

This is my 2nd 1961 Impala convertible built up. my other one I'm not sure will strip clean .

Near mint shape,nothing ever painted , no goofy add on custom stuff,,, even included the uptop ( not sure I'll use it though )

61Impala_zpsqeahtkpy.jpg

61Impala_zpsqeahtkpy.jpg

Very cool Bill....:)

Picked up another one.

61Impala_zpsqeahtkpy.jpg

Nice Bill!

Hang on to that up top!

You know me.

I'll bet I could find a use for it if you're willing to part with it! ;)

Steve

Picked up another one.

Thanks for posting that photo - I have a vacuformed uptop I picked up on eBay recently that was supposed to be for a '59 Chevy; doesn't quite fit my '59 Bonneville but it looks like a match for yours. Now to see if it will fit my '62 Impala...

Thanks for posting that photo - I have a vacuformed uptop I picked up on eBay recently that was supposed to be for a '59 Chevy; doesn't quite fit my '59 Bonneville but it looks like a match for yours. Now to see if it will fit my '62 Impala...

If you need better pictures of the up top or measurements,,,, just ask.

Nice Bill!

Hang on to that up top!

You know me.

I'll bet I could find a use for it if you're willing to part with it! ;)

Steve

Steve,

I haven't fully decided just yet. But if it goes away,,,you'll be the first to know .

The 61 Impala is my favorite early Chev. and I keep thinking I may build a few different ones, a hardtop as Dyno Dons drag car. a sedan as Dave Stickler drag a car. And 2 verts - one top up and one top down. I actually have the body for the Dyno Don car in primer now

If you need better pictures of the up top or measurements,,,, just ask.

Steve,

I haven't fully decided just yet. But if it goes away,,,you'll be the first to know .

The 61 Impala is my favorite early Chev. and I keep thinking I may build a few different ones, a hardtop as Dyno Dons drag car. a sedan as Dave Stickler drag a car. And 2 verts - one top up and one top down. I actually have the body for the Dyno Don car in primer now

Fair enough Bill.

I really don't have a use for it at this point anyway.

But I'll bet it would fit some of the other GM annuals from '61/ '62.

Most of the GM cars that I have to build from those years are hardtops @ the moment anyway.

Steve

I went to the MidAtlantic NNL in Maryland yesterday and was surprised to see this one for sale. I had been looking for it so I was glad to grab it up for $40. My initial glance at the contents is that it's a really nice kit, complete with a very detailed chassis with the unique 2CV suspension set up. I learned all about that from Wheeler Dealers when they restored a sedan.  One of those kits that you just want to dig into and start building!

I really wanted to go to the MidAtlantic NNL, but I had to leave that morning on a business trip.  I also enjoy watching Wheeler Dealers.  They work on some truly unique cars.

Wheeler Dealers

I really wanted to go to the MidAtlantic NNL, but I had to leave that morning on a business trip.  I also enjoy watching Wheeler Dealers.  They work on some truly unique cars.

Wheeler Dealers sure does find some interesting cars.  I just saw the episode with the Noble M12 GTO, a car I'd never heard of.  Only 100 built, powered by a heavily modified Ford Mondeo engine with twin Garrett turbochargers.

WD is just about my favorite car show, along with the original Top Gear. Mike and Edd are likable guys, and Edd's an amazing mechanic. He can explain complicated stuff so even a dummy like me understands it.  A really refreshing change from all those car shows featuring egomaniacs, car-butchers and "will they finish?!?" fake drama. 

Noble M12 GTO:
http://media.caranddriver.com/images/05q1/267354/noble-m12-gto-3r-photo-9138-s-429x262.jpg

Edited by Mike999
Error

I stopped in my LHS this morning looking for something else. ( thus didn't have it ) But I did walk out with one of these under my arms.

The 65-66 Gran Prixs are one of my favorite ponchos from the era . So I had just had to have one.

On my way home with i,,,, I stopped by one of the local auto parts stores looking for some duplicolor  paint for another build. And ended up having him custom mix the paint for the Grand Prix instead. So this one will go to the front of the line. he worked with me to get the finest metallic he had.

Its called Iris Mist poly. a very light purple metallic. Once done it will look exactly like this one .

65grandprix.jpg

grand-prix-kit.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...