Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Hi, did you actually get the sloper body and all that other stuff from our friend in OZ. He must have decided to honour his commitments. Amazing.

To day I got the Sloper body to go with the '39 Chevy coupe. Is there a kit that has the hood sides for this?

IMG_5496.jpg

Actually arrived in yesterdays mail. A Revell 1948 Ford, Testors Honduras Maroon and a set of AMT Firestone Deluxe Champion tires. I ordered them from Mega Hobby on 4/6 and they arrived 4/11. I think that is pretty good service.

Flea market day, and a couple of old friends followed me home.  The $1.49 price sticker on the '32 Ford is from Rich's department store in Atlanta.  The '32 (molded in black) is missing the drag slicks and 1 wire wheel back is broken.  But incredibly, nothing has ever been glued and most parts are still on the sprues.  The '40 Ford (molded in gray) is complete and in the same condition, nothing ever glued or painted.

The other pile of stuff came as one big, cheap lot. The Allison Matador is still sealed inside. The '34 Modified is open inside but looks complete.  The 66 Mustang and 69 Chevelle are badly painted junkers but have a lot of useful parts.  The light blue car on top is an AMT '67 Comet.  The blue parts bag and chrome bag are still sealed, but it's missing tires and instructions. Not a problem.

417_1.jpg

417_4.jpg

Flea market day, and a couple of old friends followed me home.  The $1.49 price sticker on the '32 Ford is from Rich's department store in Atlanta.  The '32 (molded in black) is missing the drag slicks and 1 wire wheel back is broken.  But incredibly, nothing has ever been glued and most parts are still on the sprues.  The '40 Ford (molded in gray) is complete and in the same condition, nothing ever glued or painted.

The other pile of stuff came as one big, cheap lot. The Allison Matador is still sealed inside. The '34 Modified is open inside but looks complete.  The 66 Mustang and 69 Chevelle are badly painted junkers but have a lot of useful parts.  The light blue car on top is an AMT '67 Comet.  The blue parts bag and chrome bag are still sealed, but it's missing tires and instructions. Not a problem.

417_1.jpg

417_4.jpg

Nice find.

For some reason I find the old price tags cool.

Snagged a complete unmolested MPC Mako Shark (for a very good price) with a built-up "Street Shark" in the box as well. I've been wanting to do some of GM's more notable show cars at one point, and this one goes in the pile for that project.

Image result for mpc mako shark

I have that same kit Pat....I am hoping to turn it into the early version body style Gladiator trucks.

That is more or less the plan for me too Mark. there was a dark blue J10 in our village. I was thinking of replicating that. the grille might be tricky.

Snagged a complete unmolested MPC Mako Shark (for a very good price) with a built-up "Street Shark" in the box as well. I've been wanting to do some of GM's more notable show cars at one point, and this one goes in the pile for that project.

Image result for mpc mako shark

Sweet! I have the one I built as a kid (most of it anyway, including the complete body and interior), two eBay glue bombs, and one complete unbuilt Street Shark. I'm gonna restore my old one curbside/slammer style, and between the other three, I'm pretty sure I have enough good parts to make one good "stock" Mako Shark with enough left over to do a street one. Planning to do a what-if or phantom as if the MS had actually become the '68-'72 Corvette.

I finally got my hands on something I have wanted for a long time.

mc4-vi.jpg

It is unbuilt and pretty much complete except for the instructions, which I found and copied on the Drastic Plastics Model Club website. I thank them for this photo, and the instructions. The rear window has a small corner broken off, and the body has a little warp in it, which can be attended to.  And best of all, the price did not break the bank. I would rather have the Mach 1 version of the car, as my good friend Rex Turner had the one he is building on display at our meeting. Looking at his, I may convert this one to one of the various versions of the Mach 1. I have a set of Appliance "Apache" wheels in the parts stash, and I can modify the sail panels. The project will be a little while down the road, as I may upgrade the chassis and running gear, using the latest tool '67 Mustang GT. Rex did that on his Mach 1, and it looks pretty good.

I got a couple other things today, but this made my day.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

Just got back from the UK yesterday, was visiting my daughter and connected with a forum member.   Was able to have my daughter order me and couple Heller kits was able to get the Opel truck and Lindberg race car containing 2 complete cars.  And there is the two resin bodies, bag of chrome part and the resin street rod parts from Dave who goes under (72 Charger), I was able to bring a couple kits to him and we trades.  Great guy, we are going to meet again this year for another trade I am sure.  And then also picked up some tape, brush and detailing weathering.  Great time great guy Dave.

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

Just got back from the UK yesterday, was visiting my daughter and connected with a forum member.   Was able to have my daughter order me and couple Heller kits was able to get the Opel truck and Lindberg race car containing 2 complete cars.  And there is the two resin bodies, bag of chrome part and the resin street rod parts from Dave who goes under (72 Charger), I was able to bring a couple kits to him and we trades.  Great guy, we are going to meet again this year for another trade I am sure.  And then also picked up some tape, brush and detailing weathering.  Great time great guy Dave.

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

Nice score Dan

I finally got my hands on something I have wanted for a long time.

mc4-vi.jpg

It is unbuilt and pretty much complete except for the instructions, which I found and copied on the Drastic Plastics Model Club website. I thank them for this photo, and the instructions. The rear window has a small corner broken off, and the body has a little warp in it, which can be attended to.  And best of all, the price did not break the bank. I would rather have the Mach 1 version of the car, as my good friend Rex Turner had the one he is building on display at our meeting. Looking at his, I may convert this one to one of the various versions of the Mach 1. I have a set of Appliance "Apache" wheels in the parts stash, and I can modify the sail panels. The project will be a little while down the road, as I may upgrade the chassis and running gear, using the latest tool '67 Mustang GT. Rex did that on his Mach 1, and it looks pretty good.

I got a couple other things today, but this made my day.

I opened the bag on this one, and placed the body, glass, interior and chassis together to see how bad the warp is. Everything seems that it will be fine when I assemble the kit, as the body traps the chassis, and everything fits pretty good as intended.

I did some research on the Mach 1, but I could not find any info on the "Iron Horse", or the "Autolite Special" versions of this kit from AMT, as to their being an actual one-to-one cars. I believe that these are AMT creations that were done to get some more mileage out of the tooling, and not based on an actual car. This kit being an early to mid 1970's offering, it leaves a lot to be desired as to details, so if I can scrounge some more detailed parts I will go that route. If not, I will detail paint it as best I can, as it will be a shelf model, and not entered in a contest.

I found a few photos of the 2 versions of the car that Ford did in the late '60's for the show circuit on the web, and in a book about Mustangs written by Pat Covert.

546b16a7d3c71_-__1967mach1-lg.jpgdbc661b06ac713cb38b22e52a554f411.jpg

12-1968-ford-mustang-mach-i-concept-car-

11_1968_Ford_Mustang_Mach_1_concept_car_

I still want a Mach I, as I have always liked the car, and want to build a model of it. I figure that I can remove the fuel cap indentations from the trunk lid, re-locate the fuel fillers to the sail panels,  modify the side windows, and mount the mirrors to them, then I will be that much closer to the Mach 1 I wanted in the first place. I have a set of resin Appliance Apache Wheels and the hood with the indentations, an appropriate set of Firestone Gold Lines, a rear window from a '68 Shelby kit, and some photo-etched Mustang Running Horse emblems for the grille and body sides.

I even have the Mustang II Style front end like what is on the other version of the car. I think the first version is cleaner looking, but the 2nd version is also interesting, and could be done with more work

I like the fact that this one is moulded in white, as I absolutely am not crazy about the kits that are moulded in colored styrene. After looking at my friend Rex Turner's Mach 1 build under construction, I may tackle this one in the future.

Edited by Ron Hamilton

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...