Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

WOW! Good scores there Tommy!

Picked this up today from My local O'Reilly's. I noticed my current can of my favorite filler was starting to dry up and get thick as they do after a while on the shelf. Getting tired of throwing away almost full containers of this relatively expensive filler I did some research to see if there was a way to thin it and low and behold I found this stuff. I had no idea there was such a product! Looks to be a type of resin.

Hopefully I won't be tossing any more Eurosoft away because of it drying up.

Picked this up today from My local O'Reilly's. I noticed my current can of my favorite filler was starting to dry up and get thick as they do after a while on the shelf. Getting tired of throwing away almost full containers of this relatively expensive filler I did some research to see if there was a way to thin it and low and behold I found this stuff. I had no idea there was such a product! Looks to be a type of resin.

PastikHoney4_25_17-vi.jpg

Please let me know how it works out. I've got some that is/has hardened.

Later-

PastikHoney4_25_17-vi.jpg

I have the same putty and it works great. I got a cheap plastic container at Walmart that seals and the can fits in, hopefully that will help it last longer.

Edited by 935k3

Cleaned a few more models out of some closets in Japan.  The Super GT kits have some OOP Shunko liveries that correspond to the base kits.

34242529106_2ef70e6181_b.jpg

My NNL East purchases, pretty sure I paid for Chris' flight back to the U.K. When you have a certain volume of model kits in your basement, there really isn't much to buy (heresy I know!) as the new issue kits I can pick up locally.

33472898553_4fcb5a4b67_b.jpg

Flea market day.  The only plastic car kits for sale were a few NASCARs, as usual. 

I did get a Sun Star 1/18 die-cast Checker Cab still in the original box, in city of Atlanta markings. (Sun Star also did Checker Cabs for NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles and probably other cities.) I like service vehicles and it was cheap.  Somewhere in the stash I have a 1/24 scale resin Checker Cab that I'll build around the year 2097, maybe. 

Also picked up a few other things at the flea market that I DO NOT need - a couple of old books and some Mallo-Cups.

I went to Ollies in Hazleton PA today and found some different kits in stock. They also had a fire truck, two different 60 Mopar drag cars, an old Pyro/Lindberg Mercedes and some Civil War kits.

20170426_1550381_zps5ui16fk6.jpg

I got the two kits on top there. I spotted the longer frame in the blown Model T pickup kit and thought that would work with an I-6 motor. I got the Hayder Proffitt 62 Chevy on E-Bay because I learned in the forum that I couldn't make his car out of a 62 Impala kit.

Edited by Johnt671

Cleaned a few more models out of some closets in Japan.  The Super GT kits have some OOP Shunko liveries that correspond to the base kits.

34242529106_2ef70e6181_b.jpg

My NNL East purchases, pretty sure I paid for Chris' flight back to the U.K. When you have a certain volume of model kits in your basement, there really isn't much to buy (heresy I know!) as the new issue kits I can pick up locally.

33472898553_4fcb5a4b67_b.jpg

I picked up the Beetle Van at the show and it is excellent quality

Made a trip to the LHS for the paints and the sheet plastic

Stopped by Hobby Lobby and picked up the Camaro

From my mailbox was the Calsonic R34,  been trying to get one over a year, bought this one on Ebay, and then HLJ finally got a restock of them and I have one in my PWH( whoops, forget to cancel that order, I backed ordered it in Nov of 215)

But, the silver lining to me having a second one, opening the box, I found the body had been pancaked during shipping( no wonder, the kit was sent inside some very thin styrofoam pieces and wrapped in shipping plastic.

Snagged this 1/8 built up, which I was pretty stoked about...

s-l1600.jpg

Listed on Ebay as:  "THE KIT HAS BEEN STARTED. It looks about 1/2 started, maybe less. Whoever started this kit, did a pretty good job, so far. I "THINK" that it is pretty much complete and can be finished." (copied directly from the auction page).

Unfortunately, no mention was made of the windshield being broken and half missing, and the photos cleverly concealed the fact that most every part is so heavily slathered with glue as to be almost un-restorable.

I bought the thing to go on a trailer behind my Big Ol' '32 (1/8 scale on the Big Boys forum, for the NNL thing here in November) and it's going to take about twice the work to restore this poor old mess than it will take to finish the '32. This one really WOULD go in the trash if not for some fool glutton-for-punishment like me.

Add to the frustration of getting a fubarred gluebomb instead of a "half started...pretty good" kit the fact that the seller sent me an old crusty CB radio by mistake FIRST, and IT was so poorly packed that the box had split and the radio was falling out when it got here. Then the seller asks me to send it on to the intended recipient. Yeah, right.

We're in negotiations. 

Some days...

The happier news is that, from a different seller, I also snagged this 1/8 MPC Harley Sportster "Then Came Bronson" kit. It needs work, obviously, but it's in pretty good shape really.

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

Wow Tommy!

You've been a busy boy!!

Must about have all of your bases covered by now. :)

Steve

When i find a nice 67-70 Javelin builder and 69 Ambassador builder/promo to bash i`m goint to put

the brakes on :unsure: Some is tradematerial in the future.

Tommy

Picked up a resin 1966 Cyclone convertible resin at a local show yesterday.  Vendor didn't know the manufacturer, and a little Googling isn't giving a result, but it seems to be very good quality, complete with plated parts.

Wasn't on my radar, and I'd normally prefer a hardtop, but I couldn't pass it up for the price.  And it's not like we're going to be seeing a styrene '66 available again.

IMG_20170430_0716415_rewind.jpg

Picked up a resin 1966 Cyclone convertible resin at a local show yesterday.  Vendor didn't know the manufacturer, and a little Googling isn't giving a result, but it seems to be very good quality, complete with plated parts.

Wasn't on my radar, and I'd normally prefer a hardtop, but I couldn't pass it up for the price.  And it's not like we're going to be seeing a styrene '66 available again.

IMG_20170430_0716415_rewind.jpg

Sweet! I think I have a couple things made by the same unidentified outfit--'64 Cutlass, '65 Nova, and '68 GTO. All are quite well done and I don't know who made them.

ETA: Just took a close look at your pic, and the front and rear bumper pieces look strange. Are you sure they're for a '66 Comet?

Edited by Snake45

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...