Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

A '70 Monte Carlo at Hobby Lobby, with the 40% off coupon.  Also got the Molotow Liquid Chrome pens, 1 and 2mm sizes (as posted elsewhere).

Off-topic, but with all the eBay horror stories, here's a good one:  a few days ago, I did a Buy It Now on the very old Williams Bros. 1/72 scale Martin B-10 bomber. Had one long ago and always regretted selling it.  

The package just came.  The kit box was grungy and water-stained, which I already knew from the eBay listing photos.  But inside that box was TWO complete B-10 kits - one still sealed in the original plastic bag, one loose in the box.  And even 2 sets of decals. No instructions but I can find those elsewhere.

A couple of the goodies I brought from my haul at the GSL XXV.I..In the picture where you see the commemorative model and hot wheel, can also be seen the three awards I won,w hich actually, I will have to build...In the last picture some cards and the calendar we got at the Dave Kindig's shop... 

Simón P. Rivera Torres20170519_121744-1.thumb.jpg.f54c7dde5fa6

20170519_121322.jpg

20170519_113845-1.jpg

20170519_120613.jpg

20170519_132120.jpg

20170519_130402.jpg

20170519_132842-1.jpg

Edited by simonr

...a few days ago, I did a Buy It Now on the very old Williams Bros. 1/72 scale Martin B-10 bomber. Had one long ago and always regretted selling it.  

The package just came.  The kit box was grungy and water-stained, which I already knew from the eBay listing photos.  But inside that box was TWO complete B-10 kits - one still sealed in the original plastic bag, one loose in the box.  And even 2 sets of decals. No instructions but I can find those elsewhere.

Good score! Fiddly kit to build (and the rubber tires split after I built it) but one of my favorite old planes. If I got another, I'd like to build it as one of the target tugs based at Las Vegas during WWII; their last hurrah before the smelter:

B-10BM_35-235.thumb.jpg.2ad2be6a47a9191e

I was pleasantly surprised to find some decent kits left at the local Ollies. I bought a Surfite, a '55 Ford Pro Mod, a '99 Mustang, a Sox & Martin '67 GTX, a Dodge Ram pickup, a '32 Ford Speedwagon, and the last Slingster on the shelf( I would have bought more of those). Oddly enough, when I went to this same store about 2 weeks ago none of these kits were there. At that time this store had a lot of the Lindberg Little red Wagons, Bugatti Royales and Mercedes SSK kits. Yesterday they were all gone. I can't believe there's been that much demand for those kits. I wonder where they went?

I hit the mother load of sales today I paid a total of $1.50 for the model cars, $1.00 for H.O. Buildings , $4.00 for the storage con't includes all that was in it. And $20.00 for two boxes oh H.O. cars. trucks and one box had these Lindberg H.O. trucks/ School buses, Chevy dump truck, and ford box truck. Of the 1/25 kit's they are: AMT orange blossom special, amt 66 Nova, and a late 70's Camaro, plus a 68 el camino body and hood..

DSC01680.JPG

DSC01681.JPG

DSC01682.JPG

DSC01683.JPG

DSC01684.JPG

DSC01685.JPG

DSC01686.JPG

DSC01687.JPG

DSC01688.JPG

DSC01689.JPG

At the model club meet last night, I picked up a set of chrome reverses with Baby Moons for the '65 Econoline movie truck project, and a sharp set of Appliance wire mags that should look good on my '69 LTD when I get around to it. Thanks to Steve G. for bringing that huge bin of tires and letting us root through it!

Sometimes the work pays off!

Just returned from the NNL North show in Bloomington MN.

I wasn't even planning on going this year with the stress from the move & all, but I'm glad I did.

I made out like a bandit! :D

I had 6 kits entered in the show this year.

A '59 Bonneville & a '60 Dodge Dart in the "Fins" category, which was this years theme.

I also entered a '61 Starliner in the street rod category, a '63 Ford in the truck category & a '69 Coronet in the muscle car category.

The only "Factory Stock" entry I had this year was my '62 300 H convertible.

I won the trophy for the fins category from the gentlemen from the "Model Car Club of Minnesota" for the '60 Dodge, & a trophy for "Best Road Car" from the guys from the "Winnipeg Model Cal Club" for my '62 Chrysler!

I also picked up a plaque for one of the "Top Ten" in the show from the participants, also for the '62 300.

My head is still reeling a bit!

I never really expected to win any awards this year.

It was very unanticipated!

I just want to send my heart felt thanks to all of the guys from the MCCM & the WMCC for their kindness, especially Scott & Rod who have both sort of taken me under their wing & made me feel really comfortable.

I also have to thank all of the participants for the top ten vote as well.

There were a lot of really great builds there & I am humbled to receive their votes.

And last, I have to thank my beautiful wife for suggesting that I take the time to go this year & accompanying me to boot.

She is my biggest reason for living!

Steve

DSCN6106DSCN6108

Have a '72 Celica coming from Japanoland. As one of these was among the first cars I race-prepped early in my career, I kinda thought it might be fun to build it as an SCCA C-Sedan car, as that's what the real one was. All I really remember about the car is that it was a kinda darkish olive green metallic, built on a pretty tight budget, and it wouldn't get out of its own way when it came in because the cam timing was so retarded.

New-AOSHIMA-Toyota-Celica-1972-1600GT-1-24-The-Best-Car-Vintage-Series-No-51

Looks like a great time!!!  Congratulations on the awards.  I hope to make the 5 hour drive up and check it out one day.  Hmmm, family in Coon Rapids...might have to plan a long weekend next year and put the whole deal together.  Anyway, congrats on well deserved awards with the Dodge and the Chrysler.  They're both gorgeous as I'm sure the others you took are as well. ????????

Edited by geewhiz

I won the trophy for the fins category from the gentlemen from the "Model Car Club of Minnesota" for the '60 Dodge, & a trophy for "Best Road Car" from the guys from the "Winnipeg Model Cal Club" for my '62 Chrysler!

More stuff to pack up??? tango_face_grin.thumb.png.e97100db70c163

Congrats, Steve - couldn't happen to a nicer guy!

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Congrats on the Chrysler win, car looks real, looks as though you may have to rent another U-Haul truck..Al Rich

Thanks to you Al!

You definitely deserve a large portion of the credit.

Without your generous trade, I quite possibly might have never built a 300 convertible.

Thanks again!

Steve

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...