Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Irked You Today?

LokisTyro

Nugent definitely qualifies as a heavy metal artist. Actually, if you'll research it, you'll find he actually qualifies as early Acid Rock, Hard Rock, and Heavy Metal. I've listened to Hard Rock, Acid Rock, Heavy Metal, Psychedelic Rock, etc since it's inception. I've got an extensive collection of the various Rock & Metal bands. Trust me, Nugent is Heavy Metal at it's finest.

Saw the Motor City Madman and Aerosmith at the Shaefer Music Festival at Central Park in August '75 and at the Capitol Theatre in Passaic, NJ with Widowmaker in June '77. Headbanger Heaven, man.

If it isn't loud, it's not rock and roll. If it's too loud, you're too old. 

1 hour ago, iamsuperdan said:

And unless he performs in his loincloth and with bow & arrow, it just won't be worth it. 

Well, this is worth it. :P:D

Rock on, dude!

I've been happy w/ Verizon for 18 years now.. just traded my old iPhone on a new one, it was pretty effortless. Didn't have to go to the store, they UPSed the new phone to me w/ a box and label to return the old one. 

Edited by Rob Hall

I've been a Verizon customer for around 5 years, I think. However long it's been, I've been pleased with them. There are local offices in pretty much every decent sized town around us. I've never been really upset with any of their service reps. 

I was with VZW for good amount of time, no real complaints other than it just got really expinsive to have four lines with them, so we left about three years ago,  the local stores are issue and trying to get them to warranty out phones, total nightmare.

Progressive Insurance!!!

1) My son had a flat so I called for Roadside Service.  It was less expensive to put him on his own policy.  I called their 800 line and after half a dozen prompts I get a live body.  She proceeds to ask which vehicle I'm calling about.  There is ONE on the policy!

2) I said he has a flat but if the tech can just inflate it, he can drive to the shop and I'l get the tire looked at.  She said the tech won't have a pump.  Say what?  I have Safeco and twice I've broken a seal with the rim and the tech had a pump (this is an important part)

3) They text him with a message they will be there in 45 minutes.  No problem.  I call him two hours after my request and they haven't there nor updated him.  I called Progressive and lit them up!  Fifteen minutes later they track down the driver and they said he had a 911 kinda service call.  That is fine and I can wait my turn, but the lack of communication was unacceptable.

4) They show up and yep, no pump so they put the spare on.  I get the typical apology call from the service folks (who ironically do the roadside service for both Progressive and Safeco) and got told him this was by far the worst experience with Progressive.  I dropped my policy with them as after about 10-12 years and no accidents/tickets my rates jumped

For the outrageous rates they charge (especially single, male drivers), I expected much better service

I had my first really poor experience with Amazon.  My wife has been looking at photo scanners for a few years now and I found one on Amazon I thought she would like.  I ordered it for her birthday and it would be delivered in a few days.  No big deal as I ordered it a month early.  Well at Amazon, some nit wit puts a shipping label on the Epson box and they ship it.  I happened to be at home when it was delivered and could not believe it.  I had no place to hide something that large, so she received her gift one month early.

The only bright side to this was that we had a relative pass away last week and my wife was able to scan a number of pictures for the family so they could have an electronic pictorial display for the reception after the funeral.

Was trying to clean my foggy headlight on the HHR when I sloshed some of the dirty soapy water in my eye. Took off my glasses and layed them on the hood while I tried to wipe it out. Burned so went inside to the kitchen sink to wash it out and when I went back out my glasses were gone.

I know it was one of the little hoodlums that steal anything not nailed down (and throw racks at the trailer after dark or pound on the walls) out here that took them. But even when the police came out (the wife called) they all denied even being outside. Some of their parents even lied for them because they were!

Now I'm out a 300+ dollar pair of glasses and no way to replace them.

Got a real old pair but they dodn't work very well.

12 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

Was trying to clean my foggy headlight on the HHR when I sloshed some of the dirty soapy water in my eye. Took off my glasses and layed them on the hood while I tried to wipe it out. Burned so went inside to the kitchen sink to wash it out and when I went back out my glasses were gone.

I know it was one of the little hoodlums that steal anything not nailed down (and throw racks at the trailer after dark or pound on the walls) out here that took them. But even when the police came out (the wife called) they all denied even being outside. Some of their parents even lied for them because they were!

Now I'm out a 300+ dollar pair of glasses and no way to replace them.

Got a real old pair but they dodn't work very well.

Did you check the footage on your security camera, or no?

5 hours ago, Jim N said:

I had my first really poor experience with Amazon.  My wife has been looking at photo scanners for a few years now and I found one on Amazon I thought she would like.  I ordered it for her birthday and it would be delivered in a few days.  No big deal as I ordered it a month early.  Well at Amazon, some nit wit puts a shipping label on the Epson box and they ship it.  I happened to be at home when it was delivered and could not believe it.  I had no place to hide something that large, so she received her gift one month early.

The only bright side to this was that we had a relative pass away last week and my wife was able to scan a number of pictures for the family so they could have an electronic pictorial display for the reception after the funeral.

They ship a lot of things in their original boxes. Somewhere during the order process there should have been a tiny box that needed to be checked, saying this was a gift.

6 hours ago, High octane said:

Did you check the footage on your security camera, or no?

Wish I had one. Did go across the street to a neighbor that has one but someone broke it a few weeks ago just like others that had them.

Getting a lot of transplants from the Chicago area here with the new owners doing section 8 on their new trailers they have brought in.

13 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

Wish I had one. Did go across the street to a neighbor that has one but someone broke it a few weeks ago just like others that had them.

Getting a lot of transplants from the Chicago area here with the new owners doing section 8 on their new trailers they have brought in.

Oh so you live in a mobile home park? I did that for almost 20 years with a double wide trailer and it was good while it lasted, with lots of memories. Then it was time to move on.

9 hours ago, High octane said:

Oh so you live in a mobile home park? I did that for almost 20 years with a double wide trailer and it was good while it lasted, with lots of memories. Then it was time to move on.

This is one of the oldest parks in the area. There were only a few left who had been here since the mid 60's (park opened in early 60's) and they have all since died or moved to assisted living.

Our trailer had only two owners prior to us and is a 1968 Holly Park. It was still in great condition (other than needing a pain job)  when we bought it from the 91 year old widow lady that owned it since 1972.

The original owners who kept a tight reign on things but the last of the kids retired and sold out to some outfit in NY. They two years ago sold it to a company that owns parks in three or four states, 4 in IL.

The new management is slowly running off the older tenants by either saying their homes did not meet their standards and need to be moved which they know can't be done so the person is forced to sign it over and they either tear it down or as in some we have seen rehab them (barely) and rent them out to low income individuals on section 8.

Yesterday a neighbor on the street behind moved out. She asked to sell her trailer and they rejected everyone that she had that wanted to buy it. She already has rented an apartment and could not afford to pay both rents so she had no choice but to turn her trailer over to the park.

They pull that with me and they will get nothing but a shell! I'll gut the place!

We have bands of kids roaming the park way after dark (last night after 11:00.) and they don't do anything about it and to talk to the kids parents is worthless if you can even find them home.

If we were under city it would probably get better but we are under county and they will not hardly ever come out for any minor issues. The only reason they came about my glasses being stolen was because they were already at the old flea bad motel next door that they are shutting down.

We are trying to get into a rent controlled complex (60+) in a small town west of us where one of our son's lives. It is owned by a doctor and rent is income based and he does not take government money so he isn't forced to accept anyone that does not meet his requirements.

Sorry to hear about the neighborhood. Time to cut your losses and get out will you still can. This situation sounds like it is only going to get worse and the vermin moving in are only going to get bolder, especially since the management doesn't care and it sounds like the Sheriff's department aren't too worried either.     

18 hours ago, Xingu said:

They ship a lot of things in their original boxes. Somewhere during the order process there should have been a tiny box that needed to be checked, saying this was a gift.

Thanks for the info Michael.  I will do this next time I order a gift or something rather expensive.

GM.....why?   This is why people ignore warning messages on the info center.  I drove to Derby City Model show and around the two hour mark this popped up.  It did it again when I drove across I64 to Lexington even though I spent about half an hour sitting on the highway while they funneled three lanes into one (resurfacing).  I turn on the digital readout for the odometer as I know I have a tendency to exceed the speed limit and this is easier to read without my old fart 'up close' glasses on.  Low fuel, low tire pressure, check engine....yes!  We don't need the car to nag us.

IMG_2225.JPG