Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Garlit`s: Swamp Rat 33 Streamliner 1/28/14

John Teresi

Superb work John. It all looks so good. Question - do you put any kind of clear over the Alclad parts before adding the dirty wash ? Have you used any enamel based wash over Alclad like AK Interactive ?

Hi Dave…….no clear over the Alclad……..I use "Folk Art" acrylic paints for the wash …….over the Alclad……..90% water 10% paint……never tried the enamel………thanks

Everytime I look at this frame, I just have a hard time coming to the realization that Big Daddy wanted a white frame. Almost all of his vehicles were black. Don't get me wrong lil' brother, I love that its white as it shows detail better and you have that in spades.

Everytime I look at this frame, I just have a hard time coming to the realization that Big Daddy wanted a white frame. Almost all of his vehicles were black. Don't get me wrong lil' brother, I love that its white as it shows detail better and you have that in spades.

Thanks Brad……..I guess he wanted to be different?……..but,at least the body is black……here are a few pics of the restored chassis after it crashed……..and the engine shown is another of many that he ran in this chassis…….I am using the 1950Flathead with the 4 stromberg carbs ……that he ran for a different class record…….thanks

33SWAMPRAT9_zps1aaafbda.jpg

33SWAMPRAT12_zps1ce038f2.jpg