Model Cars Magazine Forum

MENG 1/24 Ford F350 Super Duty Crew Cab: Sneak Peek Pics!

Gregg

Wow! Not sure how I missed this one. My last Super Duty was a 2006 4wd dually and it's not a whole lot different than this one. It's closer than anything to date. The way the bed is made I wonder if they plan on Dually sides in the future.

Does the grill angle back at the top as shown in the photos?

The pictures of the builtup on the Meng site show the grille fitting normally, not angling back.

Thanks Jake, I knew they were 1/24 = 1/25, I guess it was the other thread I mentioned that. The sides come off the speccast bed and was hoping on just using them on the 1/24 bed. It would be a little short but I'll have to see if it looks right.

That said, I just scaled out the size of the 1/24 and now I'm having second thought on getting one. This is a large truck and sitting next to 1/25 may look just too large.

I may have to hook up with the local guys here and get a closer look.

Rob, Thanks for the web info. That looks much better.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered/bought my two kits for $113.98 shipped. MTH Hobby on ebay has them for $56.99 plus $9.10 shipping. But, if you spend over $100, the shipping is free. It was a no brainer since I wanted two kits to start with anyway. This is the best deal I've found so far. I'm thinking that as more of them become available, the more the price will go down. The people pricing them in the $70 plus range will have to change their pricing or rely on the uninformed. ;) I'm glad I waited and didn't do a pre order with a vendor. I'm curious as to what GMS Customs will price this kit for. His prices are some of the cheapest you can get.

The best domestic vendor price I've seen so far is at Diecast Alley...$49.95 + $8.xx shipping.

They feel obligated to shop at LHS, is my guess , or they hate shopping online because its evil :lol:

I do shop at my LHS occasionally, but usually their items are within $5 of the online price for regular Round 2 or Revell releases, so it's no big deal..but I wouldn't pay a $25 premium for local.. I do love shopping online, though..so easy, just a few clicks..

Edited by Rob Hall

I do shop at my LHS occasionally, but usually their items are within $5 of the online price for regular Round 2 or Revell releases, so it's no big deal..but I wouldn't pay a $25 premium for local.. I do love shopping online, though..so easy, just a few clicks..

Oh yeah, I shop at Hobby Bench/Hobby Depot as well, but not for kits for the most part

Who pays full retail? :blink:

And why?

I don't, but some people do because they keep selling them. They got 5, and sold 3 the frist day.

I assume it could be because some people want it now vs waiting for shipping time, or maybe impulse. "I am standing here, kit in hand, I will take it" kinda thing. They may not have known it was out until they saw it in the store. Not everyone spends the amount of time online that some folks on this forum do. I am sure there are many reasons I cannot even think of.

I am never in that big if a hurry for a kit, I have enough to last me years and years as it is. I usually wait until model contests/swap meets to stock up or buy online, of from Hobby Lobby with a coupon or when they clearence them.

Yea, it's pretty much all our fault that hobby shops are dropping like flies. Me included.

If you can buy the same kit online and include shipping and its cheaper then buying it locally , not to mention sales tax, I like to save money , and if that means buying online, so be it

I just today 5/11 ordered 2 of these kits from Squadron, Web Special $50.62 each.

At 8 AM this morning one could buy this kit at Squadron for the web special price of $50.62 and here it is 12 hours later and it's back to $56.24!

Don't understand this fluctuating pricing, might have to re-think ordering from them if they throw out specials and the prices are all over the place.

I don't, but some people do because they keep selling them. They got 5, and sold 3 the first day.

I assume it could be because some people want it now vs waiting for shipping time, or maybe impulse. "I am standing here, kit in hand, I will take it" kinda thing. They may not have known it was out until they saw it in the store. Not everyone spends the amount of time online that some folks on this forum do. I am sure there are many reasons I cannot even think of.

After our Tri-State meeting on Saturday afternoon, some of us will hit the local hobby shop. Some of us also attend the Jersey Shore meeting the following Friday. Model King sells kits at that meeting, average new kit $16. There are guys who will buy new kits at the hobby shop at $25. I'll ask them if they remember that they'll see Model King on Friday... the response, "Yea but I want it now." as if they'll have it built by Friday!

And it's good that there are these guys. We all want the local hobby shop to be there when we run out of glue or paint, but never take into consideration that they can't stay in business with the $1 profit on that occasional can of paint

.I am never in that big if a hurry for a kit, I have enough to last me years and years as it is. I usually wait until model contests/swap meets to stock up or buy online, of from Hobby Lobby with a coupon or when they clearance them.

And I'm as guilty as anyone, the above is pretty much how I buy too. My new kits mostly come from Model King, my foreign kits come from online sources. I have yet to buy a kit at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. I attend all the shows here, and find kits in the $5-10 range that I don't even need but grab up (just in case, or as parts kits).

I shop like Tom does. Our local plastic pusher is a ModelKing surrogate, and we usually can't beat his prices.

However, I always carry a 40%-off coupon when I wander into HobbiusLobbius or Michelle's. If they have a kit I can't live without or I need another in order to live life to its fullest, then I might use the coupon for that. Otherwise, I feel their 40% off is still a little high because they start out so high.

I usually use the coupons for tools or supplies or something nice for the Lovely & Gracious Mrs. B. B)