Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1984 Olds 442

wisdonm

I'm really hoping that if it does come out, they don't cheapen out on the chassis and make it like the Monte Carlo SS.

I'm betting it's going to be 1/25 scale, and it won't share any design with the existing 1/24 scale Monogram GM G-body Buick and Chevy kits. I'm also going to guess a second version, very similar to the second '90 Mustang LX kit, will follow a year or so after the first version.

I'm betting it's going to be 1/25 scale, and it won't share any design with the existing 1/24 scale Monogram GM G-body Buick and Chevy kits. I'm also going to guess a second version, very similar to the second '90 Mustang LX kit, will follow a year or so after the first version.

Casey, I am betting that they WILL use the chassis from either the Monte Carlo or the Buick Grand National- it will save them a ton of development costs and allow them to bring the kit to market quicker. While I think it will be a popular kit, it won't be a huge seller like a 69 Camaro or 57 Chevy, so they will have to cut corners to be profitable.

I agree that they will milk this kit for several versions, stock, drag, maybe even a 442 or Hurst, whatever they can!

Casey, I am betting that they WILL use the chassis from either the Monte Carlo or the Buick Grand National- it will save them a ton of development costs and allow them to bring the kit to market quicker. While I think it will be a popular kit, it won't be a huge seller like a 69 Camaro or 57 Chevy, so they will have to cut corners to be profitable.

I agree that they will milk this kit for several versions, stock, drag, maybe even a 442 or Hurst, whatever they can!

This would be acceptable. Those kits are decent enough and can be saved from the current team messing up a new tool.

They didn't use the chassis from the Monogram 71 Cuda for the new 70 kit or any parts from the 69 Camaros or 68 Firebird in the new 67 Camaro kit. I can't imagine them using old parts for a new kit, especially 1/24 Monogram parts in a new kit wearing the Revell name.

• 2 weeks later...

Revell announced back in 2006 they were doing a '87 diecast version first, then a plastic kit version later....it never happen

I'll believe it when I see it....

I'll believe it when I see it

You can say that again. :lol:

Revell announced a die-cast based G-body Cutlass DONK nearly a decade ago, then canceled it, which IMHO, turned out to be a HUGE gift for us all. Now, the person whose 1:1 G-bodies have been measured by Revell employees posts that info, as well as updates throughout the kit creation process, as we still have the doubters. Do you seriously think Revell would go through two plus years of development on this kit then NOT release it?

Everything about this kit's development echos what I heard from another member regarding the '90 Mustang LX's (sorry Ckuck K., had to be mentioned :lol:) development, so I see no reason to doubt this 1/25 '84 Cutlass kit is anything but due for release before the end of 2015.

Doubters gonna doubt. :rolleyes:

If the dealers and distributers don't show interest in the project, it's dead. No matter how good of an idea some of us think it is. Trying to sell it as a Donk tells me just Donk guys care, and there wasn't enough of them at that.

The problem is; nobody has really fond memories of '80s cars. It's a lost decade for automobiles. Nothing exciting really happened back then. V6s and K cars.

...Everything about this kit's development echos what I heard from another member regarding the '90 Mustang LX's (sorry Ckuck K., had to be mentioned :lol:) development, so I see no reason to doubt this 1/25 '84 Cutlass kit is anything but due for release before the end of 2015.

Doubters gonna doubt. :rolleyes:

Y'all see that? It was Casey this time!

Eh, who am I foolin'. I'm always up for clay pigeons. B)

Honestly, though, we're gonna be waaay better off even with the retro-design 60-piece proposal that's been floating around than we would have been with that krap-tastic slab-sided monstrosity circulated in old flyers and the odd test shot pic, long as the body shell actually looks like the 1:1. Just bring it in at a standard to match the Regal GN, and all should be well.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

If they want a different age group to buy their product they need to expand into the 70's and 80's cars. I am not saying they need to spend every dollar on these kits but they need to put a few out there. The G body car in 1/25 scale is a good subject, they all shared the same frame suspension and roof I do believe. This would be a great start for several different models of these cars.

• 2 months later...

Doubters gonna doubt.

^_^

icon_post_target.gifPosted by 88hurstolds » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:31 am

Angelo told me he went to Revelle today and saw mock ups of the 83 H/O and 85 FE3X model cars.

The 83 will be released next January and then the FE3X and 442 kits.

I want a cutlass supreme 85 like my real car! 1/25 scale are they really coming out????

I want a cutlass supreme 85 like my real car! 1/25 scale are they really coming out????

Yes. I never got confirmation on the scale, but I am 99.99% sure they will be all new tooling and 1/25 scale. Only a few more months to wait. I suspect we'll hear something official announced this October.