Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Hey Tom Geiger,I tried to send you a private message,but for some reason I couldn’t do it.Well,I noticed you replied to my post about the LIARS show,(Swap meet),and contest that’s coming up on Nov.11th.Are you planning on attending the show?So happy that they were able hold it this year finally.Since Covid caused the last three or four shows to be cancelled.Anyway,if you are attending this year,I hope you enjoy the show..Like I said,it’s the only show/contest held on LI @ the Freeport rec.center👍👍

6 replacement buses have arrived today and they're the final ones in my boss's year and half long endeavor to turn over the entire fleet. If all goes well, they'll be in service in the next couple of weeks. He also is sending 10 or so school buses that have been long out of commission to the big junkyard in the sky in the fall so as to tidy up the lot and open more parking space for the other buses and the personal cars of the drivers.

Was looking at some old pics last night and came across this. 

12 years ago yesterday, I won Best of Class in a VW show. :)

IMG-20230821-WA0000.jpg

THat's my 93 Passat GLX wagon.

VR6

Manual transmission

Very large turbo

Porsche D90 wheels

full Borla exhaust

coilover suspension

bunch of other stuff.

I kinda miss this one.

• Like 1

Lots of good things...yesterday made 2 months since I moved into my new house (tomorrow makes 4 months since I closed on it).   Still have a lot of boxes to unpack. 

Finally got my old house on the market yesterday--had 3 showings last night, 3 today... 2 offers came in this evening, one for what I was asking, one for $25k over... not bad.  

Tomorrow is also the 6th month birthday of my 3 Yorkie puppies...growing and very chewy now.. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 9:03 AM, iamsuperdan said:

Was looking at some old pics last night and came across this. 

12 years ago yesterday, I won Best of Class in a VW show. :)

IMG-20230821-WA0000.jpg

THat's my 93 Passat GLX wagon.

VR6

Manual transmission

Very large turbo

Porsche D90 wheels

full Borla exhaust

coilover suspension

bunch of other stuff.

I kinda miss this one.

Memories are a wonderful thing..

Went fishing yesterday.  I do that more often now that I am retired. My friend and I caught 12 catfish and two sunfish.  I had the good fortune to catch this beauty: unofficial 26" nose to tip of tail fin and 10 #'s. Best part is I caught it on my ultra-light rod spooled with 4# test line.  Put up a good fight.

20230823_124549.jpg

20230823_124653.jpg

• Like 2

First thing I see in my email this morning when I arrived at work was an email that said yes.

Client I've been working on for a couple of weeks now. 

Big order. 30 units to start. Eventual changeover over the next two years of the entire fleet of about 120 units. Mainly pickups, but some Medium Duty trucks and SUVs too.

Plus they're leasing everything. Plus they want the telematics system we have. Plus charging stations for the EVs.

It's a pretty big deal.

And we didn't have to discount the crap out of everything.  

Solve their problems, show them value. Boom.

Makes up for the customer I fired back in June. 🤪

• Like 1

Yesterday, I was standing out in the gravel backyard, trying to hang a wet rug up to dry on the edge of my shed roof, while standing on a tippy block. Block tipped over when I hoped it wouldn't, and down I went. Nobody is pleased about having a sprained wrist or a jagged bleeding rock cut. What pleased me today is that the pain was way less than yesterday, plus I'm even more glad I hadn't broken anything, and the cut shows no sign of infection. This could have been much worse.

So I found out on FB today,that Joe,and Amanda Martin from MotorTrends “Iron Resurrection” show,are going to be appearing at a local car show here on Long Island.I will definitely be attending that show.Hopefully I’ll be able to get their autographs,or maybe a quick selfie with them.And it’s always nice checking out Amanda too.But seriously,Joe Martin to me,is like an automotive genius.And they’re bringing out their newest Riviera project..

IMG_6637.jpeg

IMG_6636.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD

18 hours ago, NYLIBUD said:

So I found out on FB today,that Joe,and Amanda Martin from MotorTrends “Iron Resurrection” show,are going to be appearing at a local car show here on Long Island.I will definitely be attending that show.Hopefully I’ll be able to get their autographs,or maybe a quick selfie with them.And it’s always nice checking out Amanda too.But seriously,Joe Martin to me,is like an automotive genius.And they’re bringing out their newest Riviera project..

IMG_6637.jpeg

IMG_6636.jpeg

I'm also a great fan of his show. Tell him I said hi. He has no idea who I am but tell him another fan said hi anyway. 

• Haha 1

I ordered some licensed Ed Roth art from an artist named Jim Madison after seeing his work at a car show recently…and it came today!

CAE40E68-862B-41D4-848A-7D79970D1624.thumb.jpeg.37418bbab69ef110919d0ad879544fe5.jpeg

Ordered a frame for it, and it’ll be a great addition to the wall above my bench.

Plus, he sent a whole stack of over cool art too - all kinds of interesting stuff to hang and display!

IMG_2888.thumb.jpeg.300dd41a9d2d0e545c1ea1cc53053141.jpeg

This one would be cool to illuminate, somehow, with a little hanging light box:

IMG_2880.jpeg

Edited by CabDriver
  • Like 1

I got through watching my favorite Green Acres episode that's entitled "Uncle Ollie" online that I haven't seen for a long while. After seeing Oliver's hip nephew Chuck souping up the motor in his uncle's tractor, I came up with an idea of making a used car lot style diorama using a few of my hot rod models and naming it "Hootervile Hot Rods" with Chuck as the proprietor.

Edited by John M.
  • Like 2

I'd seen all of them except Rob Zombie before... Alice twice in the 80s, Ministry about 17 years ago with my wife (she hated it but it was one of our 1st dates...so) and Filter when they first came out.

It was fun doing something with just my adult son, we never just hang much, just us. I'm lucky he likes to spend time with me. He comes over all the time.

My 26 year old nephew got his CDL this morning and will soon be getting hired on by a trucking company driving a 10 wheel delivery truck. I asked him over my cell if he would be interested in driving a school bus and he gave me a big NO. I let it go at that.

Edited by John M.