Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

37 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Even here in the state of California (that many of you deem Draconian) they won't pull you over on August 4 for tags that expired in July unless you are doing something else to draw attention to yourself. Glad it ended well.

That's IN for you.   In the mid 90's I got a ticket for doing 31 in a 30.  And the guy was a complete jerk the whole time he's giving me the ticket.   I'm always polite to these guys.   His attitude was completely out of line for the circumstance.  You'd have thought I just ran a bus load of nuns off the road. 

Our state police aren't too bad,  but county and city?   Forget it.

Its car show weekend for me. We're having a display of vw golfs this year for the 50th annivesary and since we didn't have a mk8 i've convinced my BiL to get his all cleaned up and shining like new which took a while cos he had his daughters at the beach last week. I'm hoping theres at least some modified ones since thats what i'm into

We had my teenager in summer baseball and he wanted to develop more pitches so can do more innings.  We found a coach that knew him from summer ball and said he would work with him.  The wife usually takes him to the complex but I did last week.  They had another person coaching a young man on hitting.  After his session, that coach came over to watch my son.  I guess I shouldn't have pointed out that person was #15 of the Big Red Machine....left fielder George Foster. He told me on the drive home his anxiety level kinda maxed when he came over.  Truly one of the nicest people I've ever met....

On 8/1/2023 at 6:12 PM, Plasticated Guy said:

I shared a post in the "What irked you" section about my diabetes. Well, my weight was at a plateau but I didn't give up my regimen. Through it all I'm pleased to say that, although slowly, my weight is going down. 

I've been there, and I am still "doing that".

It is hard, but the slow steady progress eventually produces results. Lasting results. Losing weight fast, while very satisfying, does not always help keep it off. Losing it more slowly helps to keep moving your bodies' "Reset Point" down, so that your body just thinks that the lower weight is normal.

Keep Up the Good Work.

the replacement resin feeder for my printer arrived today. great service from anycubic and no problem getting the replacement part. now i can do bigger prints again without having to get up in the middle of the night to refill the tank. they even included another full set of the tools that come with the printer

Ah,finally,I got the news that the only local model car show on Long Island,which is put on by a great local club,the LIARS,(Long Island Auto Replica Society)club is back on..They were given the green light to be able to put on their huge contest/swap meet,which is normally held in November.The hall where the show is held,had to stop the show due to Covid.But they’re coming back after like 4,or 5 years of having to cancel the show.😁

IMG_6118.jpeg

Edited by NYLIBUD
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, FLHCAHZ said:

Its a 46' deck.  I have a couple acres, Im' sure I'll be emptying the bags quite often.

Used to have just over half an acre to mow. We had several planting areas and trees to go around. The grass grew very lush with our unlimited water supply. Used a Sears 48" rider that had three baskets on the back that look much like your new rider. That is why I mentioned the baskets. I would cut the grass at least 3" to 4" high and still would fill 3 or 4 of those 42 gal. Husky brand trash bags with the clippings. Finally got smart and started mulching. After 8 or 9 years the engine was starting to use so much oil it looked like it was a diesel. Replaced it with a John Deere but 42" deck at my wife's suggestion. She couldn't understand how a two blade would take longer to mow with than a three-blade deck. Besides taking almost another twenty minutes to mow I would also use more gas. I could never explain to her how or why. 

This might belong under irked too, but I think I'll look at the good side of things. Last October, our utility company detected a gas leak. They have trucks with sniffers checking the neighborhoods every 6 months or so, and the sniffer went off at the end of our driveway. Next day, they come out to diagnose the cause, and find a significant leak in the pipe that feeds the four houses in our little cluster. An hour later, there's heavy machinery and three crews digging up the pipe. The pipe was not in good condition, and they decide to replace it with plastic which is much longer lived in underground conditions. To do this, they dug out a trench for a new feeder pipeline and part of that was in our driveway. This took two 24-hour days to complete, and they filled in the driveway cut-outs with asphalt. 

Today, they came out to put in permanent repairs. So far, the crew is doing a great job, and they're handling the small curve thrown at them. The original repair blocked off a drainage pipe. We like to complain about the local utilities, but from what I've seen, the frontline workers are conscientious and capable. 

IMG_5015.JPG

• Like 3

More like yesterday, but spent my first weekend at my new digs on the coast. Hit up a Space collectibles show in the morning found some OT kits there, went to Ollie's and bought more kits, spent some time at the beach, then a good meal at the Tex Mex place. All within 5 miles of the house. I could get used to this!IMG_20230812_142324108.thumb.jpg.f769599526149350567ad473bf6b19e1.jpgIMG_20230812_110545730.thumb.jpg.defd91f1b3941f4ed4337867f37ce093.jpg1330415082_IMG_20230812_135505257(1).thumb.jpg.442cb17cc0e8a420aa09bba5bfb233de.jpg 

• Like 4

On 8/9/2023 at 3:23 PM, espo said:

Used to have just over half an acre to mow. We had several planting areas and trees to go around. The grass grew very lush with our unlimited water supply. Used a Sears 48" rider that had three baskets on the back that look much like your new rider. That is why I mentioned the baskets. I would cut the grass at least 3" to 4" high and still would fill 3 or 4 of those 42 gal. Husky brand trash bags with the clippings. Finally got smart and started mulching. After 8 or 9 years the engine was starting to use so much oil it looked like it was a diesel. Replaced it with a John Deere but 42" deck at my wife's suggestion. She couldn't understand how a two blade would take longer to mow with than a three-blade deck. Besides taking almost another twenty minutes to mow I would also use more gas. I could never explain to her how or why. 

The first mow went really well.  I did clog the bagging system a couple times, I've never had a mower with a bag before.  Its a learning curve for sure, but at least they are easy to empty!

• Like 1

Not quite today, but last weekend. Been competing strongman for a year now. Didn't start lifting serious weights until about 3 years ago, at 42. Took first place in Master's class at a local competition. Felt pretty good.

Trophy presentation and lifting a 215# atlas stone.

20230805_181151.jpg

20230813_185203.jpg

• Like 1