Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

I had to have a kidney removed last October. Visit with my urologist/surgeon yesterday and everything looks good. Just have to keep checking the remaining kidney function and I should be good for another 79 years

Don R

• Like 1

Passed my second interview/background check for a new job in the aerospace industry. A $40k/yr pay increase & low cost of living/zero debt means my stash will probably explode. LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Took the pup to the lake yesterday morning. I'm not sure which she loves more. The playing in the snow, or the laying across the back seat of the truck with the seat heaters on during the drive home.

Then took the fam to see Dune Part 2. The theatre has the fancy seats. Basically pods for you and one other person, with extra elbow room, power reclining functions, heating, a little area to hang your coat, a smaller table to put your popcorn and stuff. And you can flip up the center armrest if you wish. Totally worth the extra $2 over the normal seating.

image.jpeg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Took the pup to the lake yesterday morning. I'm not sure which she loves more. The playing in the snow, or the laying across the back seat of the truck with the seat heaters on during the drive home.

Then took the fam to see Dune Part 2. The theatre has the fancy seats. Basically pods for you and one other person, with extra elbow room, power reclining functions, heating, a little area to hang your coat, a smaller table to put your popcorn and stuff. And you can flip up the center armrest if you wish. Totally worth the extra $2 over the normal seating.

image.jpeg

The only issue I have with these seats around here is that the "pleather" upholstery makes farting noises when someone adjust the recline. It's kind of distracting during quiet scenes, but I guess it would be OK for watching Blazing Saddles.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

image.jpeg

I'm afraid I would fall asleep in those chairs. 

• Like 1

I don't hurt at the end of the day today anywhere near as much as I have all winter, probably because I've been ramping up the exercise a little, as we've been getting a few nice warmish days lately.   :D

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

My 2 year old grandson Nash went to the ER with his Mom at 1am with what looked like hives over most of his body and his eyes were puffy. It was a reaction to a medication he hasn't taken before to fight off an ear infection. After being there for 5 hours he was sent home with a different prescription and is slowly looking more like his normal self. So I'm not pleased that the little guy had to go through this but I am extremely pleased that the great ER doctors and staff knew just what to do and has Nash looking and feeling better. 🙏

• Like 5

4 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

My 2 year old grandson Nash went to the ER with his Mom at 1am with what looked like hives over most of his body and his eyes were puffy. It was a reaction to a medication he hasn't taken before to fight off an ear infection. After being there for 5 hours he was sent home with a different prescription and is slowly looking more like his normal self. So I'm not pleased that the little guy had to go through this but I am extremely pleased that the great ER doctors and staff knew just what to do and has Nash looking and feeling better. 🙏

Glad to hear Nash is feeling better.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

A couple of my multiple MIA parts shipments have actually been scanned into the USPS system and appear to be moving, so that's encouraging...even though one has since dropped into another apparent black hole.  :mellow:

Good to hear some of the shipments are moving, and you get them soon.

• Thanks 1

A co-worker had her knee replacement surgery yesterday and came through with flying colors.  She had the other knee done a couple years ago.  Her husband sent us a video as she was already up walking and able to bend it to sit in a chair.

I'm heading that way in the future as the Dr who scoped both of mine told me I will likely need it due to degenerative arthritis in knees.  Bad knees come from my maternal grandfather....but I also have his hairline (he passed at 90 years old with a full crop), so I'm willing to stay its a fair trade.

• Like 1

Cancelled my Motortrend + subscription, as it's being merged into Discovery Plus at the end of March anyway. Plus, the quality of the channel has been junk. Buffering, lag, screen freezing. It was like dial up internet. Plus they stopped carrying BTCC and DTM racing, which was the main reason I signed up in the first place.

So we signed up for Britbox and will give that a try. I'm excited because it carries The IT Crowd and all 26 seasons of the classic Doctor Who.

We don't watch a ton of tv, but the things I do want to watch are generally not on normal tv. Other than NHL. And curling.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, oldscool said:

My neighbor has been getting rid of the dozen stray cats that hang around our houses. Don't worry, he's not harming them just relocating them. No more nightly serenades.😁

We had a stray cat we named Morty that was driving my indoor cats crazy when he visited. He also used one our front yard flower gardens as his personal potty. I took him for a long ride in the country side where's a few farms. Problem solved.. Nope.

Two months later my daughter was out front and came in to say "you ain't gonna believe this but Mortys back!"  😲 Holy cat poo it was true.

• Haha 1

I'm pleased that in a little over 24 hours I'll be able to visit this museum that I've been trying to get inside for years. The only open it for special events and even then it requires a donation to view it. A very nice collection of some very nice cars. I plan to get lots of photos of the museum & related car show Saturday. Will post some here of course! 

https://www.americanmusclecarmuseum.com/cars-by-make.html

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A modeler named mike said:

We had a stray cat we named Morty that was driving my indoor cats crazy when he visited. He also used one our front yard flower gardens as his personal potty. I took him for a long ride in the country side where's a few farms. Problem solved.. Nope.

Two months later my daughter was out front and came in to say "you ain't gonna believe this but Mortys back!"  😲 Holy cat poo it was true.

If you're a coffee drinker, you can deposit the used coffee grounds in the flower beds. Seems that cats do not like the coffee been smell and move on. I used to have a neighbor whose cat used the flower beds between our homes as it's personal litter box. I would find it's leavings when I was pulling weeds in the flower beds, disgusting to say the least. The neighbor said their cat was an indoor cat and wasn't the one doing their business, but I would see their daughter let the cat out many times. 

4 hours ago, espo said:

If you're a coffee drinker, you can deposit the used coffee grounds in the flower beds. Seems that cats do not like the coffee been smell and move on. I used to have a neighbor whose cat used the flower beds between our homes as it's personal litter box. I would find it's leavings when I was pulling weeds in the flower beds, disgusting to say the least. The neighbor said their cat was an indoor cat and wasn't the one doing their business, but I would see their daughter let the cat out many times. 

I wonder if that will work with raccoons.

You think cat poo is disgusting? You ain't smelled nuthin' yet.

Starting to do some clean up of unnecessary clutter at Dads old house. I started with donating all his wearable clothes to worthwhile charitable organizations. His 300 plus  neck ties will go to a local quilt making group. He has two chest type freezers, one a 14.8 cubic feet and another that's a 16 cubic feet chest type. Both were filled with food that was so outdated and freezer burned that it's a sin. I tossed out 7 large bags of Perdue chicken nuggets, 10 small rump roast, 7 New York strip steaks, 5 packs of various chicken parts, 15 packs of hotdogs, 7 tubes of ground wild game sausage, 7 large frozen pizzas, 15 2 liter bottles of homemade tomato juice, approximately 40 quart baggies of string beans, corn or carrots, 12 half gallons of ice cream, a numerous amount of quart jars of wild berries, strawberries, applesauce and pear sauce. So much wasted food but its all gone to the dump and now I can work on unplugging and defrosting both power hungry entities in the house. I'll be eager to see the electric bill once that chore is accomplished. 

• Like 1

My alter-mater failed a couple days back, the nice fellers at O'reilly's ordered me a new one, it came in this AM, it was the RIGHT one, and ol' Gray is charging at 14.2V again. 

And I was able to get to the store and back before my battery died, thanks to me thinking ahead and charging it overnight.  B)