Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

The A/C in my Chrysler 200, spent half the day following an existing sales rep around to check on customers' lawns and to see if they might have a need for the company's lawn and shrub care service (so far, the answer has been yes, even if they didn't think so, lots of bugs and disease this year!), every time I got in it, the A/C was cranked and every dash vent is pointed at ME!

I'm with ya Carl. We received .29" yesterday. Every littlt bit helps!

Listening to a Greatful Dead Concert from '71 off of You Tube and almost missed greating a new Day.

This looking East to the New Dawn

And this looking West to the departing Moon.

Set up a trade with Fat Brian and we met today to swap out kits. It was so hot neither one of us wanted to get out of our cars so we pulled up along side each others car and handed them over through open windows.

We talked for at least 30 minutes, discussed work, life and models. Found out he is working on some really neat conversion pieces to build models that haven't been kitted before. Not going to spill the beans but will say he has some great stuff on his workbench.

Always fun to meet up with a fellow builder, more fun when they have some projects that you get to hear about and are interested in.

It was so hot neither one of us wanted to get out of our cars so we pulled up along side each others car and handed them over through open windows.We talked for at least 30 minutes, discussed work, life and models. 

Sounds like you should've met for lunch in an air conditioned restaurant?

I was out walking in that for a few hours today, went through 3 liters of water, 3 bottles of Gatorade, 2 Protein shakes, and still had a whole bunch of frozen water bottles thawing in the cooler acting as ice as well as water reserves for, well...you know, just in case.  I was just dripping on my way back to my 200, then by the time I got back to the office, I nearly had hypothermia!

Edited by Joe Handley

I was out walking in that for a few hours today, went through 3 liters of water, 3 bottles of Gatorade, 2 Protein shakes, and still had a whole bunch of frozen water bottles thawing in the cooler acting as ice as well as water reserves for, well...you know, just in case.  I was just dripping on my way back to my 200, then by the time I got back to the office, I nearly had hypothermia!

I went to a cruise night tonight for a few hours and the heat really wasn't that bad.

It was so hot neither one of us wanted to get out of our cars so we pulled up along side each others car and handed them over through open windows.We talked for at least 30 minutes, discussed work, life and models. 

Sounds like you should've met for lunch in an air conditioned restaurant?

We would have except we met at 2:30 and in this heat, one doesn't eat as much.

I'm with ya Carl. We received .29" yesterday. Every littlt bit helps!

Listening to a Greatful Dead Concert from '71 off of You Tube and almost missed greating a new Day.

This looking East to the New Dawn

7-20-2016%20Front%20Yard_zpslpseexga.jpg

And this looking West to the departing Moon.

7-20-2016%20Back%20Yard_zpsxgrbbvdm.jpg

Two great shots Ed..

Ed's photography is a constant reminder that to find beauty, all you need to do is open your eyes.

It's hard for me to believe there could be a more beautiful world than the one we all share.

Agreed, and it makes me wonder why many people take so many "selfies" when they would see a LOT more by simply turning their camera around, instead of being "stuck" on themselves???

The past few days of working outside, walking around houses in the hot weather seems to bring out the kindness in people.  Over the last few days, I've been offered water, pop, and even a beer this evening as I was checking out lawns:lol:

There are decent people out there.

Sometimes, you don't even have to look that hard. They find you.

Charlie Larkin

The past few days of working outside, walking around houses in the hot weather seems to bring out the kindness in people.  Over the last few days, I've been offered water, pop, and even a beer this evening as I was checking out lawns:lol:

A Smile and a Friendly Wave can do Miracles. Plus getting to know Neighbors makes for a Safer Neighborhood.

A Smile and a Friendly Wave can do Miracles. Plus getting to know Neighbors makes for a Safer Neighborhood.

All but one offer was from the owner of a home I was looking at (including the beer, lol), one offer though was from a neighbor (who I think might have been babysitting) that saw me out there and offered a water up.  They guy who offered the beer was just home from work himself and getting ready to work on a few himself as well as hop in his pool.

There are decent people out there.

Sometimes, you don't even have to look that hard. They find you.

Charlie Larkin

That is true, but it has been bad enough here that the "watch your young people and check up on your elderly" messages have been popping up on the radio, too.  That probably helps.