Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Yea it's gonna be a scorcher today!   Today was Stick Day in my town.  That means you can fill up your vehicle and bring all your yard debris to the town yard.  I finished up work around 2pm yesterday and decided to fill up the Caravan,  cutting branches to fit and dragging branches and logs from all corners of the property.  I was soaking wet!  I took plenty of drink and pool breaks! 

And I'm pleased because that big pile of wood in the corner of my yard is gone!  

Scorcher?

Try 23 consecutive days of 110+ degrees.  But, what pleases me is that after tomorrow, the temps are supposed to break and we'll have a cooling trend:  100 - 109 for the next week, then dipping down into the 90's for awhile. 

C'mon chilly!    B)

Scorcher?

Try 23 consecutive days of 110+ degrees.  But, what pleases me is that after tomorrow, the temps are supposed to break and we'll have a cooling trend:  100 - 109 for the next week, then dipping down into the 90's for awhile. 

C'mon chilly!    B)

Looking forward to the 'cool' weather... been a bit humid lately also.   Really need some rain.

Scorcher?

C'mon chilly!    B)

We've been cooler than that, but the humidity has been horrible, the work shirt I've been wearing has a salt/sweat stain going down quite a ways from the neck!

Looks like we're gettin' a good amount of rain tonight Joe. It'll be good for the lawn & the shrubbery

Trust me, many of them really needed it!  One thing that amazes me though, people will spend the money to chemically feed and weed their lawn with us, but don't feel the need or desire to water it, then complain how they're not getting results from our products. Also seen a few yards that before starting anything horticultural, I cut out or rip out what ever was back there and start from scratch, things were so overgrown and/or sick.

I'm beat, I think friday, according to my phone, I walked over 12k steps, probably closer to 13k by the time I got home that night. Also drank a bunch of water and Gatorade, which just ended up soaked into my cloths as sweat.

That's roughly six miles. Do that every day, and when you're an old fossil, you won't be a fossil...but an older guy in good shape.  :D

My wife and I had an enjoyable "indoor picnic" in our air conditioned dining room this afternoon....... Too hot outside to do it on the deck.  We had 4 kinds of cheese (cheddar, swiss, pepper-jack and manchego), turkey pepperoni, Ritz crackers, bite sized pieces of seedless watermelon and sweet, seedless red grapes, with a few glasses of wine.  Nice, quiet Sunday afternoon...

My wife and I had an enjoyable "indoor picnic" in our air conditioned dining room this afternoon....... Too hot outside to do it on the deck.  We had 4 kinds of cheese (cheddar, swiss, pepper-jack and manchego), turkey pepperoni, Ritz crackers, bite sized pieces of seedless watermelon and sweet, seedless red grapes, with a few glasses of wine.  Nice, quiet Sunday afternoon...

No ants, flies, or bees??  It ain't a picnic without all the little critters, Rich.  LOL.

Trust me, many of them really needed it!  One thing that amazes me though, people will spend the money to chemically feed and weed their lawn with us, but don't feel the need or desire to water it, then complain how they're not getting results from our products. Also seen a few yards that before starting anything horticultural, I cut out or rip out what ever was back there and start from scratch, things were so overgrown and/or sick.

You're right, as I'm guilty of that myself I hate to say. It's something I really don't think about often as I've been so busy around here lately. Thanks for the reminder.

You're right, as I'm guilty of that myself I hate to say. It's something I really don't think about often as I've been so busy around here lately. Thanks for the reminder.

The rain we've gotten so far should help, but with what I've learned over the past couple weeks, how you mow makes a difference as well.  Some people seem to not be able to afford that, some refuse to spend the money on water the grass needs to keep healthy and fight weeds from taking over.

Finished half of my monthly paperwork. Only about another 5 hours to go. :mellow:

EDIT: Finished by 8:00. Whoopee. :D

I am fortunate in that my Administrative Assistants are awesome. Interestingly neither is very proficient in English. :blink:

One is from the Dominican Republic, the other from Japan. The monthly paperwork is always on time and flawless. B)

Our conversations however, usually border on hysterical.  My Spanish is passable, my Japanese non existent. The girls tolerate me, I keep them happy with my hi jinx and gainfully employed by processing all my paperwork.  :D

Itsa win-win. (Wait..........did I just order a beer..................)

G

We had a Showie Lightnig Storm and a bit of Rain (.22") last Night (Rain, Lightning and I don't mix so no Lightning Pic's). Fast forward to this Morning. When I took this it was 65f with a slight breeze.

7-25-2016%20Dawn_zpsbowb9hh1.jpg

What an awesome sunrise Ed, I think I'll use it as my desktop background for awhile, and thanks!

What an awesome sunrise Ed, I think I'll use it as my desktop background for awhile, and thanks!

I'm glad you liked it that much. You are Welcome.

65° with a slight breez!

Please, send that this way ASAP!

I almost told you "You Don't Want It With This Humidity", but saw where you are and realized 80% Humidity is on the Dry side for you folks! Wish I could send ya a 65 degree breeze, but I guess the Picture's gonna have to do.