Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

We all need to remember that every hour any of us wastes being negative is an hour we can't get back!

????? How does this fit here? It doesn't sound like anybody is wasting their time or being negative in this thread. Taking time off and relaxing maybe. But, that is not the same as wasting time or a negative thing.

My wife returned home from the hospital today.  Her swelling and joint pain has subsided for now.  She was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis.  A prescription given for a type of steroid pill that will help her.  Sucks getting old...

Glad to hear she is out Rich, i really hope she does well. !!!

My wife returned home from the hospital today.  Her swelling and joint pain has subsided for now.  She was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis.  A prescription given for a type of steroid pill that will help her.  Sucks getting old...

That's really good News Rich. I for one have always looked for options to Steriods, but if they're doing the Job, Great. As too gettin' Old my Dad always said "Gettin' Old Ain't for Sissies". Darned if he wasn't Right.

One of my sisters has been in the hospital for about a week and was going downhill while the doctors tried to figure out what her problems was. Well today she finally started to show much improvement . Nice work doctors !  Hopefully by the end of the week she will be home.

????? How does this fit here? It doesn't sound like anybody is wasting their time or being negative in this thread. Taking time off and relaxing maybe. But, that is not the same as wasting time or a negative thing.

my intention was to reinforce the up side of having a positive attitude in life in general and how pleased I am when I see those who are that way.

My son turned 32 Monday the 8th. I remember it like it was yesterday I was 18 and had lost my father 2 months earlier. He is a hard worker and has 5 girls. He has always brightened my life....

You have a good reason to be happy Carl, sounds like you have a good relation with the "kid".  Good to hear.  I always had a great time with my father, he lived to be very old.

Also to Rich;

Good your gal is home again.  Beginning of last year I heard the same diagnosis,  just no prescription as the swelling hasn't appeared yet.  I quit walking golf courses, and quit the game completely as the swing turn only aggravated and inflamed my knees and hips.  Took up bicycle riding to keep the muscle tone, it works.  Personally i'd be interested in hearing more of the prescription.  Good luck to you and your wife.

Had a very good day going up north with my sister to visit an 89 year old aunt. Who looks and acts like she's 15 to 20 years younger than she is. She has always been my favorite aunt, and was so nice to see she is still doing so well. I asked, and she ended up telling a wonderful story of how she ended up dating and marrying my late uncle back in the late 1940's. Her and my uncle Ray were always great at telling true stories in such an interesting way. A couple of cousins, but not Ray and Elanor's kids, joined us for the visit. And it was great to spend time with them too.

On the way back, we stop and visited with one of my dad's cousins who was close to my sister and my age, rather than my dad's. Again, another wonderful visit. Though some sad family stories were discussed there. My dad's cousin has a cute little cabin in the woods near the old family homestead. And very close to cemetery where her parents, and my grandparents are buried. So, we did make a stop there with her before going home too. This all may sound a little depressing. But, it really wasn't.

Had a very good day going up north with my sister to visit an 89 year old aunt. Who looks and acts like she's 15 to 20 years younger than she is. She has always been my favorite aunt, and was so nice to see she is still doing so well. I asked, and she ended up telling a wonderful story of how she ended up dating and marrying my late uncle back in the late 1940's. Her and my uncle Ray were always great at telling true stories in such an interesting way. A couple of cousins, but not Ray and Elanor's kids, joined us for the visit. And it was great to spend time with them too.

On the way back, we stop and visited with one of my dad's cousins who was close to my sister and my age, rather than my dad's. Again, another wonderful visit. Though some sad family stories were discussed there. My dad's cousin has a cute little cabin in the woods near the old family homestead. And very close to cemetery where her parents, and my grandparents are buried. So, we did make a stop there with her before going home too. This all may sound a little depressing. But, it really wasn't.

Not at all.

You see your family, no matter where they are, and that's what it's about.

Unfortunately, I have to visit most of my family at the cemetery, but somehow, I think they know they're not forgotten about. Whether it's of benefit to anyone or not, besides me feeling a bit better about it, I don't know.

Charlie Larkin

One of my sisters has been in the hospital for about a week and was going downhill while the doctors tried to figure out what her problems was. Well today she finally started to show much improvement . Nice work doctors !  Hopefully by the end of the week she will be home.

Always Good to read someone is getting better from an Illness. Ray I hope she makes a quick full reovery.

I saw a Ferrari 458 in Italian red on the street today.. Man, it's not the first time I saw a Ferrari on road, but for 458, it sure the 1st time...

God, it looks really really cool....My! I mean, the most part that surprised me was, the car looks much more beautiful than any models..or even photos!

Don't want to make myself fussy, but there's a story behind. I used to had a idea that Lamborghinis are not that cool as people always saying until 3 years ago, a client of my father, who owns one Lambo Gallardo, and gave me a ride after, I totally changed my mind. The cars.. I mean these supercars.. you can't just stare them in photos... it looks much more beautiful in front of your face!!!

I saw a Ferrari 458 in Italian red on the street today.. Man, it's not the first time I saw a Ferrari on road, but for 458, it sure the 1st time...

God, it looks really really cool....My! I mean, the most part that surprised me was, the car looks much more beautiful than any models..or even photos!

Don't want to make myself fussy, but there's a story behind. I used to had a idea that Lamborghinis are not that cool as people always saying until 3 years ago, a client of my father, who owns one Lambo Gallardo, and gave me a ride after, I totally changed my mind. The cars.. I mean these supercars.. you can't just stare them in photos... it looks much more beautiful in front of your face!!!

Yes those Lambo's are nice as we had a couple at one of the cruise nights I attend. The owners said they were out of place there, and I told them that I like all kinds of cars.