Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

My VA primary doc said I have heart disease, so I filed a claim against the VA.  Some heart diseases are caused by exposure to Agent Orange and maybe I have something.  That BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH chemical already caused me to get prostate cancer.

And how are you Ray?

Hooray!!!!  Had to go down to Lutz, FL (near Tampa) for some VA tests today and then we drove an extra 25 miles south to go to Portillo's for a late lunch.  The beef was GREAT!!!

It IS isn't it? I haven't been to Portillo's yet this week, but it's only Wednesday. I also checked on the upcoming Hooters not too far from Protillo's , but it's a couple months from being open yet.

It IS isn't it? I haven't been to Portillo's yet this week, but it's only Wednesday. I also checked on the upcoming Hooters not too far from Protillo's , but it's a couple months from being open yet.

Ya know Nick, when you make comments like this under the topic "What pleased you today?" , some of us who used to live in Chicago and really miss having a Portillo's nearby find it hard to like those of you who do! LOL! 

The hot dogs and beef sandwiches are two of my favorites from Chicago that I miss the most.

Ya know Nick, when you make comments like this under the topic "What pleased you today?" , some of us who used to live in Chicago and really miss having a Portillo's nearby find it hard to like those of you who do! LOL! 

The hot dogs and beef sandwiches are two of my favorites from Chicago that I miss the most.

While I don't know what it's like, I truly believe that if I ever moved out of the Chicagoland area, that I would surely miss a LOT of the food that is offered. I still remember the hot dogs and beef sandwiches from the 50's when I did live in Chicago. Think that they sold beef sandwiches for 50 cents at a stand under the Damen Ave. El tracks.

But sometimes you get lucky and food places from Chicago open near you.  Portillo's will Fedex a meal to you (expensive).  We also order different foods (spanish rice, chili beans, puffed rice cereal, etc.) through Publix food stores.  They've been able to get just about everything and are much, much cheaper than Amazon or other online food places.

But sometimes you get lucky and food places from Chicago open near you.  Portillo's will Fedex a meal to you (expensive).  We also order different foods (spanish rice, chili beans, puffed rice cereal, etc.) through Publix food stores.  They've been able to get just about everything and are much, much cheaper than Amazon or other online food places.

My wife and I shop at Publix when we're in Florida and rent a condo there. And I know that my brother used to shop at Publix when he lived in Florida also.

Best cup o' coffee I've had in 10 days...my own.

Second best was in Williams, Az., Tuesday morning, at Cowgirl Coffee Cake Company. Fresh pastries baked on site daily. Great. Really.

Most of the coffee on the road was like thin dishwater.

I really liked Williams AZ Bill so much I could have stayed there for good...

I just found out today that there's a store of McLaren in my city, Nanjing. Just next to the Lamborghini shop...

I just found a pic online, I shouldn't take photos while I'm driving...

Never thought of McLaren here in Nanjing... Buy maybe I could see some McLarens on street after! uh. .impressive! 

I really liked Williams AZ Bill so much I could have stayed there for good...

I like Williams...was up there last month...went up and stayed in Flagstaff for a few days and did some sightseeing.   The Rt 66 gift shops are neat, and lots of old cars around.