Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Pleased You Today!

James2

Just finalized plans for my new building. I run the leasing division for one of Canada's larger vehicle lease/rental/sales companies. We've simply outgrown the existing space, so after much back and forth, we've finally secured a location and a remodel design.  Demolition starts next week, and we'll be moving in to the new space in late-September. My lease department as well as our fleet management department will be taking over a nice building a few mionutes from corporate HQ where I am now. Triple the parking for our vehicles, double the office space. It's going to be great.

:)

Either the weather today is nicer than I thought it was supposed to be, or I'm getting used to working in it!

The weather here is Hot & Humid with temps in the 90's and the heat index a bit higher than that. I have 2 cruise nights to attend to tonight, but I think I'm gonna stay inside and watch a ball game.

A fellow forum member here whom I have done some extensive trading and communicating with over the years surprised me with a package today. He noticed I had commented on an upcoming MPC release and also had put a request in the Wanted section with no response for some items and recently texted me that he had something for me, but he needed my address. Today, after a rough afternoon at work, I came home to a package on my front steps, larger that I was expecting. I opened it up to find two complete kits and more than what I was looking for! This person has been generous to me in the past and hopefully I have been to him as we have traded stuff back and forth over the years. Despite living 900 miles apart, we have managed to meet up and spent considerable time talking models, life, and some of the characters on this forum!

I am sure he has been just as kind to others here because he strikes me as the type of guy that would be like that. He has done a lot for this hobby and I definitely owe him for this recent act of thoughtfulness.

The weather here is Hot & Humid with temps in the 90's and the heat index a bit higher than that. I have 2 cruise nights to attend to tonight, but I think I'm gonna stay inside and watch a ball game.

Sounds like Friday and Saturday should he nicer, at least.......looking forward to that!

The xeriscaping is definitely catching on, esp. it seems out in the burbs and in newer subdivisions.    Older neighborhoods in Phoenix like where I'm at are still predominantly green lawns and palm trees, but it's changing.  I'm working on moving out of AZ in the next year back to the Midwest or North East.  

If you decide to head to Massachusetts, be sure to let me know. I hold my real estate license, and while I don't really sell much, I still make referrals (and a few bucks if a sale results) and I know at least one agent in most parts of the state I can set you up with. Plenty of computer work around here.

Charlie Larkin

A fellow forum member here whom I have done some extensive trading and communicating with over the years surprised me with a package today. He noticed I had commented on an upcoming MPC release and also had put a request in the Wanted section with no response for some items and recently texted me that he had something for me, but he needed my address. Today, after a rough afternoon at work, I came home to a package on my front steps, larger that I was expecting. I opened it up to find two complete kits and more than what I was looking for! This person has been generous to me in the past and hopefully I have been to him as we have traded stuff back and forth over the years. Despite living 900 miles apart, we have managed to meet up and spent considerable time talking models, life, and some of the characters on this forum!

I am sure he has been just as kind to others here because he strikes me as the type of guy that would be like that. He has done a lot for this hobby and I definitely owe him for this recent act of thoughtfulness.

Great Story, Thanks for sharing ?

Wonderful story !!!! Thanks for sharing. 

62 Degrees out and although the Humidity (the grey band across the Mountain base is Fog) is higher than preferred and a breeze would be welcome I've no grounds to gripe.

8-5-2016%20Dawn_zpsds0thzel.jpg

Your photos are stunning, keep em coming ?

My daughter's wedding is tomorrow, so we are in New Jersey.  I understand we will be riding in a Rolls Royce.

Weather report is "iffy" with possible scattered showers.  We need positive thoughts for a nice sunny day!    :)

Tom I hope the Day is Perfect for your Daughter. And Congrats on the New Modeling Room:D

Spent the last few days reading a great magazine. Classic Trains Special Edition 18: Great Trains West. Each article was like taking a mini vacation. The 12 feature articles were all old articles that first appeared in Trains magazine from 1942 through 1962, about riding on passenger trains out west. All were pretty good articles, with lots of great photos. Traveling by train is still my favorite way to go.