Model Cars Magazine Forum

What is the one (1) station wagon you'd like to see kitted?

Blame "new math" new_math.gif

Seriously though, the methods of teaching math these days is horrible, I'm a sophomore in analysis (2 grades above my peers) yet I've never been taught to balance a checkbook, haven't been taught percents (I kind of self taught it) and just very simple everyday math principles they don't teach these days. It's sad to see

Wait a minute... you have to be taught how to balance a checkbook? :rolleyes:

money goes in,money goes out, when there is no more money, your "balanced" :D

Funny thing, I knew a girl who just kept writing checks long after the money was gone, thought that as long as there were checks,

there was money :lol:

Seriously though, the methods of teaching math these days is horrible, I'm a sophomore in analysis (2 grades above my peers) yet I've never been taught to balance a checkbook, haven't been taught percents (I kind of self taught it) and just very simple everyday math principles they don't teach these days. It's sad to see

Haven't been taught percents? Seriously? No wonder GM's engineers are seeming to be having so much trouble designing cars that work.

You say "sophomore in analysis". Analysis of what, if I may ask ?

With Mila Kunis action figure?

Can I get one in full-scale? Forget the wagon.

Back in the eighties I learned that in my accounting class . Math teacher did not teach you that.

After algebra 2 they ship you off to analysis, I have no idea what concepts they're teaching in there. Most teachers at my high school could care less about their kids, they just cram the daily math lesson in and assign homework then hangout at their desk on the computer. Last year my math teacher wondered why nobody liked him and two people in the class passed. (Fortunately I was one of the two).

And people wonder why I've been quietly moving away from teaching, although I do keep my eye open for opportunities that sound interesting.

Onto the main topic...

YES! Practically all of these would make me a very happy camper.

One other Packard that I'd like to see is the 1941 110 wagon. What a pretty car.

Charlie Larkin

Oooooooooooonnnnnnnnne??? :unsure:

OK. '63 Country Squire. Wouldn't be too hard - AMT could just do a new body/interior/glass for the existing '63 Galaxie.

4609438017_7d6d2ff621_z.jpg

(Remember the green-and-white '57 Ford Del Rio seen here earlier? That was restored by a friend of mine, Dan Weiss, who started with a badly rusted heap and over several years rebuilt it from nose to fins. It's a duplicate of the car his parents bought brand new. I've seen his album of build photos and it was a massive job, completed to perfection.) :wub:

My knee-jerk answer would be the Datsun /Nissan 510 wagon. I've seen a lot of really interesting things done with 1:1 examples, from dragsters to street cruisers to "Ratsuns".

Here's a mild custom example:

http://www.speedhunters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Larry_Chen_Speedhunters_260z_blue-11-680x453.jpg

I also would love to see a 57 Ford wagon, and a Nissan 330 Cedric wagon.

Edited by Danny Lectro

Something like this.

OK, I'm braking the one only rule! Andy showing us the above Pontiac wagon that would be my second choice. By the way, the factory built Pontiac LeMans wagons with the GTO front end as an option back in 1972. Option UPC T41, the Endura Styling Option. The factory said it was available on any LeMans Series model with a V8. Except cars with the GT option or LeMans station wagons with wood grain side panels. Other than the lack of bucket seats and the availability of the 455 H.O. engine, you could have a GTO wagon in everything but name.

Oldsmobile also toyed around with the idea of 4-4-2 Vista Cruiser wagons around this time. They never put the idea into production. But, they built a few for special customers. I believe Doc Watson from Hurst Performance drove one back in the day.

post-10661-0-31778800-1407603274_thumb.j

Scott

Edited by unclescott58