Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 IHOBBY Info

I do hope that Moebius is planning to re-issue the 59 Dodge & 63 Chysler Turbine.

WIll they be announcing the other 2 IMC offerings 59 Rambler Wagon & 74 Olds Cutlass???

I do hope Moebius is considering new tools of the '59 Dodge, '59 Rambler as a sedan and not a wagon, and all GM '74 Colonnade coupes,

first and foremost in Pontiac Le Mans flavour with the rear wheel spats included.

I don't care much about the Turbine car. Sorry, but I just don't. You can't possibly beat the original Jo-Han kit anyway.

So? In ten years there are none left on the selves of hobby shops here, from what I've seen. I also remember the last time they were out I knew nothing about the Piranhas and took no interest in it. This now has changed.

Scott

I've found that virtually anything/everything reissued in the last 10 years--and for the most part, in the last 20 or even more--is usually readily available on eBay, and most often at prices no higher (or not much) than MSRP for a current kit (i.e., the Hobby Lobby retail price). Often it's less. Of course you have to pay shipping, but life is full of little tradeoffs and annoyances.

For example, right this minute there are at least 12 repop Piranhas on there. Lowest price is $18.95 (plus shipping). One is $30, buy-it-now, with "free" shipping. Those aren't bad prices at all for a limited production, OOP kit. If it were at Hobby Lobby right now it would be priced at $25.99 (at least).

Stuff is Out There, but you have to do a little work and look for it. You can't just sit in your basement and whine about it.

Tim, the "Street Rods" issue of the 32 Tudor body (only issue AMT did outside the double kit) used the Victoria/Phaeton chassis with separate suspension. Maybe I misunderstood, I have that kit, and I thought I remembered you writing about Deuces in Street Rodder? maybe.

Lee (Keyser) said: "Tim, the "Street Rods" issue of the 32 Tudor body (only issue AMT did outside the double kit) used the Victoria/Phaeton chassis with separate suspension. Maybe I misunderstood, I have that kit, and I thought I remembered you writing about Deuces in Street Rodder?"

Lee...yes that Tudor kit was issued only once, circa 1975....and it used the same innards as the '73 Street Rod Series Phaeton version. It was not, however, an exact duplicate of the original 3 in 1 Vicky kit innards - primarily differ in the wheel/tire setup.

Thanks for the reminder.....TIM

Edited by tim boyd

Sad to say, the likelihood of seeing the 68 Fury Police Pursuit, or

66 Cadillac Ambulance/Hearse kit re-issued are Slim to None.

At least parts of those tool sets were 'Lost' or Stolen MANY years ago. (Posted here Many times)

I too would Love to see them, But I doubt New tooling would ever be cut for them.

If Moebius showed the Promo/Craftman/Curbside bodies, Then that is likely what they will issue.

The May correct the interior for the Dodge, But I do not expect a re-tooled chassis or an enginee

added to it .

They May Plan that for later, but, expect a Straight Promo/Curbside issue first.

Edited by Edsel-Dan

If Moebius showed the Promo/Craftman/Curbside bodies, Then that is likely what they will issue.

The May correct the interior for the Dodge, But I do not expect a re-tooled chassis or an enginee

added to it .

They May Plan that for later, but, expect a Straight Promo/Curbside issue first.

That is what Moebius said they are looking at doing. Question is cost and what market there is.

The main problem in using the AMT Victoria body on the Revell Deuce frame is the curvature in the bottom edge of the AMT body. A friend grafted on the bottom 1/2" or so of the Revell Tudor sedan onto the AMT Vickie body and it fit quite well.

They are looking at doing it. I pushed hard for it to be done!! Oh, and it is a Bobble head!!!

Dang, I should have mentitioned something when we were there, I can count the numbers of sales we'd probablt have of it on one hand in my store, but one would have definately been for me!