[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

got his attention
  3. Plug wires look so correct. Very realistic drape and flow to them. Thanks for sharing.
  4. Grab those bargains off those racks... (HL sale)

Sioux falls SD, no markdown kits. This HL is brand new and bigger then the last old one... I guess they need the money to pay for the move.
  5. A few more of my builds

Nice models against a good background photo. Thanks for sharing.
  6. I haven't seen a 3rd Generation Econoline in a while. If anyone owns one and can post some pictures that'll be great.
  7. Answered my own question. "1/25 T386-225 AMT Gear Hustler 1964 Chevrolet Chevelle El Camino Construction Field Service Rare first and only issue. AMT modified the El Camino for Construction Service, adding wide rim wheels, Gates Commando XT heavy duty tires for go-anywhere grip, a detachable shell top, choice of three different construction company decals, six pack and two hard hats. Features Chevy V-8, detailed engine compartment and opening hood, full interior, detailed chassis and more. Molded in bright yellow,, clear, red-tinted clear, chrome plate and with rubber tires." So I expect to see the decals, hard hats, and maybe the Six Pack. If we are really lucky, maybe the heavy duty tires/rims also. This is for the '64, not the '65, but I expect the '65 will be done mostly the same way.
  8. Tamiya Volvo 850 questions?

This is not really about the kit but here is some videos on the real BTCC cars and you can see why it was all so spectacular. The BTCC in the 90s was real racing This one is not so much Volvo but you can see how many different cars where in the championship back then. And all of them based on everyday cars. Lots of cool action to watch and take away our precious building time
  9. I wonder if there were ever any 'construction' parts in this kit, or if it was just decals? Be nice to have this one back, though. Mine will be a Gasser, if the parts are still in the kit for that option.
  10. OK, I am really late to this party. Mr. T., that is one fine machine! Yet another WIP to study for my Hawaiian build. I know I will use the chassis color, that is top shelf. Later, Lee
  11. These arrived today, and I wanted to share them with you. They are a 1950 Telephone Truck Box for the Revell Ford F1 & the 1950 Chevrolet Panel Delivery. Castings aren't too bad (better than I could do), and they look like they'll only take some minor cleanup, especially around the windows.
  12. Moe kits looking for a good home!

just click on the persons name and you will see send message
  13. Round2 for 2018

Agreed on more trailers. I've been on the hunt for a Fruehauf flatbed. None of my local shops have any and eBay prices are through the roof. According to my research, that was last out in 2010 so I'd say it's time again.
  14. A few more of my builds

They all are super nice!
  15. Monograms 29 Ford P/U Rat Rod 2/23 update

I'm back on this build. I repainted the body and got some more of the trim work done. I plan on playing around on the weathering I found by accident working on this one. I didn't like the way the bed floor decal looks so I made one out of a thin piece of wood and used black wash on it.
  16. 68 Roadrunner

Looks really nice!
  17. Thanks Carl. Good to be back and good to see you.
  18. Revell's 68 Mustang GT 2n1 kit

I'm gonna wait until these go on clearance . I worked on the 1-1's as they came off the transporter installing radios , hubcaps and tuning them as half the time , they barely ran well enough to idle . Had this been a Cougar , well.........
  19. What Pleased You Today!

Sounds like a heck of a good salad
  20. Today
  21. ONCE UPON A TIME..... (game)

pulling Bigfoot's hair
  22. It seems that Model Car Garage used to have such p.e. buckles, GM type. You could use 1/4" ribbon. Thanks
  23. 68 Roadrunner

Nice work- very realistic
  24. 30 A-Bone

Well done!
  25. Peterbilt 353 Off-Road Dumper

Sharp rig! It reinforces the want I have to build a 353.
  26. The family race car (update 2/23/2018)

Thanks. I got a bit more done on the rollcage today. There is still more stuff I need to add to it but it is getting close to being done. I only have two more sticks of styrene rod left so hopefully it’s enough. let me know what you think.
  1. Load more activity