[[Template core/front/global/utilitiesMenu does not exist. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Announcements

• Dave Ambrose

General Usage   05/10/2017

If someone is acting badly, either in a forum or a private message, please report it. There are conveniently located buttons for sending the post to the moderators. 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Custom decals

If the car is orange the decal images will need a white undercoat. Without it the color images on your decal will be translucent and the orange background will make their colors look way off.
  3. Freightliner COE Questions

Well thank you Mistermodel, that’s fabulous info on that truck and thanks to all for their input! That’s what makes this hobby great!! As soon as the KW Road Train project and the 50’s Peterbilt 351 coe haywagon project are done I think the two story White Freightliner needs to be done! Not sure if I will go horizontal or vertical Cummins yet , depends on how much in the way of chassis shots of how the sideways engine mounts and plumbing I can come up with. Plus I don’t want another two year project!
  4. Well Good thing I didnt use it in a factory stock car then huh? And I could say my opinion it looks just fine in a factory stock car, and neither one of us would be right or wrong, YMMV as well.
  5. 70 Monte Carlo SS454 (AMT)

Dang, that’s sweet. Nice work.
  6. Reverend Horton Heat is fun. Many of these bands have been around awhile but the past year or two I've buying a lot more retro swing and rockabilly, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Squirrel Nut Zippers, The Blasters, Cherry Poppin Daddies, Crown Royal Review. This is one of my favorites from Big Bad Voodoo Daddy Some of the electro swing that leans more swing and less techno is pretty good too Alice Francis
  7. Autoquiz 357 - FINISHED

I was also way off. Like you I thought it was Easter European. To me it has body lines of one of the many reincarnations of a license-build or a copied Fiat. I'm glad others were able to find out what that "thing" was. Yuck!
  8. Pay It Forward-Round 2-Let's have FUN!

would claim dart but can't post up til tomorrow so won't
  9. What did you get today?

Uhmmmm.... What is bad about this? The vinyl top? I have one in my stash.
  10. Even ignoring the fact that it has metallic color, and even painted with a black Sharpie it will have non-realistic sheen to it, then like your pictures show, the way it curves doesn't look anything like ignition wire harness in a factory-stock car. You said it can be formed, but the Detail-Master wire is much easier to form. We all have our favorites. If I was worried about spending too much money on my modeling supplies, I would not be building models.
  11. 1962 (or ‘61) Tempest Tailights

Hi Erik, They should be the same. I'm slowly working on a '61 sedan; next time I pour some new part molds I'll add the taillights and cast a set for you. Might not be right away but I'll get to it.
  12. Yes I am, because the Kynar insulated 30AWG wire to me it doesn't look right in a model of a factory-stock car. Obviously YMMV.
  13. Today
  14. Vintage 1:32nd Revell/AMT 56 Buick

I would have to agree 100%. This is the biggest draw back for me. I have been working with some of these & wonder how I can smooth the seams & do the detailing on them. Very challenging, indeed
  15. Any body watching Barrett-Jackson ?

Was it a commercial for New Deal Used Cars? "Now wait just a @#$=*& minute! Is this a Dragon Snake Cobra for five hundred and fifty thousand dollars?? That's too *&^%$ high!" (BOOM!!!)
  16. wire wheels???

17. Stock up on Humbrol Paints now!

Since I do not have a local retailer that I know of, I've gotten my Humbrol fix directly from Hornby USA online. https://www.humbrol.com/us-en/shop/paints/enamel-paints.html Works like a charm every time. It just take a bit planning to keep an ample supply of my favorite colors.
  18. wire wheels???

Here's the tool I invented and built to assemble the Aluminum Specialties System 17 Top Fuel Dragster Front Wheels...Go to my web-site www.welloiledmachines.com, when you get there at the upper right corner you'll see an icon for flickr.com, click on that and you will be on my flickr.com page. Click on albums and find the one about these wheels. You will see how to use my tool. Oddly the pictures are loaded backwards so go to the last one and work forward. This is the easiest and best way to assemble these wheels. I bought some of the wheels about ten years ago and after fiddling with the first one for a long time I designed this tool to do it. Now easy as pie! I have this tool available for purchase...$30.00 each plus a little for shipping...I think I have 8 of them for sale...e-mail me at welloiledmachines@yahoo.com, mention photo etched wheels as a subject...
  19. Lettering on tires

Brush some white paint on an old CD, and press the tire onto the paint, like a rubber stamp.
  20. Amnesty build-Monogram 1934 Ford Cabriolet

Interior photos from 34 Ford brochures
  21. Flexible ducts

I’ve used flexi straws painted with Tamiya Rubber Black and have had great results.
  22. wire wheels???

23. Amnesty build-Monogram 1934 Ford Cabriolet

Frustrated does not even come close to describing how I feel. I got a bit more together and noticed a little dust in the rumble seat cover. Well...Ive come this far. So i sanded it smooth only to have the paint come back up . Back to the purple pond...again.
  24. Freightliner COE Questions

That makes a lot more sense than what I was thinking. Great photos of a pretty rare truck configuration. These charts are so cool! If only we still had a selection like this today..
  25. What did you get today?

OK, thanks - put in my request to Revell and we'll see what happens. Worse comes to worst, I'll see how the chassis fits under my '65 Monaco so I can add further needless complexity more detail to it.
  26. 1929 Model a Ford power unit

Very cool. Well done.
  27. Is there a way to make non denim textured seats look like denim? I'm planning on using different seats in a AMT '76 Gremlin kit, but would like at least a partial denim finish to them.
  1. Load more activity