Model Cars Magazine Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I hope so - we'll see how it looks after I polish it. I agree! Thank you. Did you do anything regarding the void under the cab? Or just leave it as is? (I'm probably going to leave it for the sake of not getting bogged down)
  3. Sweet build. The different black tones sure add a lot to the overall look. Fast looking ride you built.
  4. Pretty kewl looking 55 all murdered out Rooster. The business end is looking nice and tight. I'm diggin it man.
  5. I completely agree. That means my Surfer's car will be authentic, as well!😅 Except, not on concrete.
  6. Very nice! I followed your WIP on this. I have always wanted to do a belly tank.
  7. That's looking mighty fine there Jonathan. The white looks really nice. I've built a couple of these kits.
  8. Excellent! Did you tint the windows or do they come that way? That SMS chrome looks really nice.
  9. Today
  10. Hi again, Here is my second finished build of the year. Before the internet is inundated with everyone building the impending re-issue of Tamiya's little red rocket, I figured I would get in first with my own take on the little Alfa. Although we had a couple of GTAs racing in our improved production touring car races it wasn't eligible for the Bathurst 500 which was for locally made or assembled production cars but the GTV was eligible. I have had this one in progress for quite a while but with my new found love for designing and 3d printing my own parts I decided to finally get on with converting the race spec GTA to the road spec GTV. Here is a list of the changes. Door handles, mirror, wheels, grille, RH dash, seats, steering wheel, radiator and hose, arm rests, window cranks, engine parts to downgrade from twin spark to single spark. I stripped the chrome from the bumpers and used SMS hyperchrome. The paint is Tamiya TS-26 for the body and Vallejo red leather acrylic for the interior. I hand painted the wood grain dash and was happy with the result. Unfortunately the 27 year old Tamiya decals were no good so I had to use some spare gauge decals that I had. The car was driven by Paul Hawkins and Syd Fisher and they finished 25th after contending for the race lead early but suffered overheating during the race. I know it was a lot of effort to make something so seemingly mundane but since everyone makes a red GTA I wanted something different and I am pleased with the result. Cheers ShawnS
  11. You guys are having way too much fun here. So I had to get in on this. I have an anycubic photon m5s pro being delivered tomorrow! I can't wait to start the learning process. Hey Bob, I've been a CMM programmer since the mid 90's. Good to meet another metrologist out in the wild.
  12. Does anyone here at MCF have experience, knowledge or tips on how to patinate brass ? The parts are polished and very nice but they don't fit with the rest of my friend's big scale all metal build.
  13. It’ll be over double the size though. Ben
  14. They really don't make 'em like they used to! PM sent.
  15. That is stunning! I see your point and agree 100% with you on that, especially when a kit has been produced by more than one manufacturer. Some get the body proportions more accurate, while others have more detailed interiors or engine compartments. By combining the best features of the same kit from different manufacturers, you can create a visual masterpiece. It doesn't even have to be the same make and model, to take the best features from. This is what separates an assembler from a builder.
  16. looking forward to this, looks like its going to be double the price of the old one though
  17. Thanks for such a detailed response. It's so interesting how different everyone's technique is, when it comes to rusty & crusty.
  18. Fantastic looking Mustang, love it !
  19. Hi fellas, looks like Revell is releasing a new tractor. No testshot, but info above the built tractor. Cheers. Ben
  1. Load more activity